Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rural And City

scrim it

I have recently moved from the city to a smaller town with countryside around it. More farms and detatched bungalows with some villages near by. Lots of big houses too though not the same amount of houses as I'm used to. I plan to start canvassing in the new year and wondered did any of you work mainly in a more rural setting than a city and is there any general tips or knowledge you can share. Obviously houses are spaced further apart, long driveways, crazy sheep dogs, but rural residents must still like clean windows? Lots of holiday homes and b&b's too.

Thanks Johnny

Sounds like me about 14 years ago moved from South London to a small village in Dorset .you will love it there are loads of Hoilday cottages which means they want there windows cleaned regural come rain or shine caravans b&b etc and because i am the only window cleaner in the bride valley they all like to keep it local

I've picked up more work in the surrounding villages than the town, not many guys want to travel to these places so not much competition out there.

yeah you,ll love working the villages mate, apart from my shops all my work is rural and wouldnt have it any other way, nice scenery and my customers are all good payers so get out there and canvass canvass canvass! enjoy!

yeah u can earn well in villages as some places are crying out for windys quoted a few before and the custys have always said " oh thats brilliant, thought it would be a lot more " and theres me thinking i gave them a good price (for both parties) could have added half on again! sods law lol

It's like starting all over again in a different location but I will canvass in the new year and hopefully build up a round. Not a great time of the year January, but needs must. Does anyone have any experience of holiday home cleaning/ management and how did you go about advertising to holiday homes? I'm guessing because rural communities are more close knit, word of mouth will be my best advertising, once I get my first few jobs!

It's like starting all over again in a different location but I will canvass in the new year and hopefully build up a round. Not a great time of the year January, but needs must. Does anyone have any experience of holiday home cleaning/ management and how did you go about advertising to holiday homes? I'm guessing because rural communities are more close knit, word of mouth will be my best advertising, once I get my first few jobs!
if you check out my other website i carry out second home cleaning etc it is not as easy as it looks but once you have got a good team behind you it starts to get easier

you might be supprised, i built most of my round up in winter last year, this is the time of year that the summer beer money window cleaners are not about so people change over more etc!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock