Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Difference between a Kiam Cyclone and GVS Predator? Been hearing better things about Kiams Cyclone..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do you consider then that this release pole from SkyVac is more a marketing tool instead of being really useful ?

Paying so much more for a SkyVac knowing that this feature is actually not really working all the time is a little bit stupid no ?

I'm really interested in the GVS Predator 3600w...The difference of price with the SkyVac Industrial 85 is quite big for a similar product...
The vac pole is a very good idear and it does  work just not on all tufts of grass , or lumps of moss and other debris, I don’t have any experience with GVS kit but if I wanted a mains power vac I would seriously consider the predator it looks very good , I don’t how ever like the look of there alloy poles , I don’t  care who’s brand they are alloy poles are a heavy and very unwieldy at shallow angles , 100% carbon poles all the way , and be careful about some companies that advertise carbon poles many are a low amount of carbon and mostly fibreglass . 

Do you consider then that this release pole from SkyVac is more a marketing tool instead of being really useful ?

Paying so much more for a SkyVac knowing that this feature is actually not really working all the time is a little bit stupid no ?

I'm really interested in the GVS Predator 3600w...The difference of price with the SkyVac Industrial 85 is quite big for a similar product...
I was torn between the Predator and the Kiam Cyclone and ended up going for the Kiam Cyclone as I have had Carpet cleaner off them in the past and it was excellent. The Cyclone is the exact same machine as the GVS Predator, but £200 cheaper and more professional looking I think, it has got a slightly different head however.  The Carbon Poles are good as well with clear labels for Top and Bottom arrows to avoid confusion when putting them together. I rang up and spoke to Wei, he was brilliant and would recommend speaking to him, very knowledgeable.

@GVS Julia Martin the idea of a quick bleed off so the clump of moss/grass etc can easily be dropped sounds like a great idea?
Hi Ched,

Years ago whilst we were clearing gutters, we would either switch off a motor on the machine to lose suction or if working alone, slip the hose cuff off the pole for the same effect negating the need for an expensive pole section. We are aware those first two options aren't for everyone so we do have an air release design in development though whilst there is a patent pending we will wait for that to end.

Julia ?

13 hours ago, Le coup de raclette.NET said:

Hello Julia,

Thank your for all your informations.

Do you have also such a release system available or not ?

Hi Gilles

At the moment, our release is in design and development whilst there is a patent pending on the mechanism. 

We sell both external gutter cleaning poles and an internal high level kit which comprises of our 44mm 50/50 carbon fibre composite poles.  I cannot speak for another supplier's system in that regard but to advise on ours, our external poles are 51mm with all of our cyclonic systems, this is to bring down more solid objects to reduce your chance of blockages onsite. 

Internally, you are bringing down dust and webs, so expensive external poles aren't really required for indoor use, in addition to this, the practicalities of taking a 51mm diameter pole down to a small head attachment which is smaller than gutter clearing attachments affects usage. So for our own internal high level kit we have produced a system that allows you to use any of the heads on our website with the 44mm high level kit and then depending on whether you have the 51mm cyclonic Panther or the any of our triple motor 72mm cyclonic inlets - we have ensured you have the correct attachments required. 

For a flat surface such as that in the video, I would recommend the 15" brush attachment. I've attached a link for you for those kits
https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product-category/internal-high-level-cleaning-and-floor/

Any questions, happy to answer. 
Kindest
Julia

Hi Gilles

At the moment, our release is in design and development whilst there is a patent pending on the mechanism. 

We sell both external gutter cleaning poles and an internal high level kit which comprises of our 44mm 50/50 carbon fibre composite poles.  I cannot speak for another supplier's system in that regard but to advise on ours, our external poles are 51mm with all of our cyclonic systems, this is to bring down more solid objects to reduce your chance of blockages onsite. 

Internally, you are bringing down dust and webs, so expensive external poles aren't really required for indoor use, in addition to this, the practicalities of taking a 51mm diameter pole down to a small head attachment which is smaller than gutter clearing attachments affects usage. So for our own internal high level kit we have produced a system that allows you to use any of the heads on our website with the 44mm high level kit and then depending on whether you have the 51mm cyclonic Panther or the any of our triple motor 72mm cyclonic inlets - we have ensured you have the correct attachments required. 

For a flat surface such as that in the video, I would recommend the 15" brush attachment. I've attached a link for you for those kits
https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product-category/internal-high-level-cleaning-and-floor/

Any questions, happy to answer. 
Kindest
Julia
Hello Julia !

Thank you for all these informations.

Can I buy external poles 51 mm diameter only and to use them for external jobs (gutter cleaning) and to use them also for internal jobs (dust, webs) ?

Is there an adapter to go from 51 mm poles to 44 mm to use the tools for internal cleaning with external poles or not ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Gilles

Hello Julia !

Thank you for all these informations.

Can I buy external poles 51 mm diameter only and to use them for external jobs (gutter cleaning) and to use them also for internal jobs (dust, webs) ?

Is there an adapter to go from 51 mm poles to 44 mm to use the tools for internal cleaning with external poles or not ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Gilles
Hi Gilles

No problem. And yes absolutely, since my last reply on your thread, we have since launched a 51mm internal cuff. The green cuff featured on the link below and on these images, sits on both our 51mm aerospace aluminium and push fit carbon fibre poles.  You can then use any of the internal brushes supplied on the below link with those poles.

This means you can use the existing 51mm gutter vacuum poles inside for high level cleaning indoors just by switching the cuff.

If you prefer to have separate 44mm internal poles specific to that application, then we have supplied them in two packages, so if you have the 51mm black plastic cyclonic inlet with the swivel inlet adaptor there is one kit for that and if you have the 72mm cyclonic inlet with 51mm hose - there is that option for that too.  

We have also recently launched our brand new clamped carbon fibre poles too. The cuff will not work directly with those, but if you had the clamped poles and wanted to use the internal brushes with those poles, we will create a section on request for the internal cuff to sit within the clamped pole. 

The internal brushes we sell are:
• Round dusting brush
• 100mm duct brush
• 200mm duct brush
• 8" flexi neck brush
• 15" flexi neck brush
• Round gulper

Hope this helps, any questions, always happy to help ?
Julia

51mm cuff for internals copy.jpg

51 internal carboncuff.jpg

51mmineternalalcuff.jpg

Hello Julia,

Thanks for your informations.

Yes I would like your brand new clamped carbon fibre poles for outside.

Because I want to use the internal brushes with those clamped poles for outside, please create a cuff to sit within the clamped pole.

What is the easiest for me to order?

Online through https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/ directly or better with you by email ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Gilles

Hello Julia,

Thanks for your informations.

Yes I would like your brand new clamped carbon fibre poles for outside.

Because I want to use the internal brushes with those clamped poles for outside, please create a cuff to sit within the clamped pole.

What is the easiest for me to order?

Online through https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/ directly or better with you by email ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Gilles
Hi Gilles 

We now have an internal brush bundle which includes the cuff for our clamped carbon poles through this link:

https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product/high-level-internal-brush-bundle-2/

If you are mainland UK you would be able to order the poles and the above bundle via the website. 

However, if you are outside of mainland UK or need that particular cuff with only a few of the internal brushes rather than a bundle, please email me directly on [email protected] and I’ll take care of the rest for you.

Kindest, Julia 

D8F699A0-DBA0-4537-90EC-57AD719CCE4B.jpeg

Hello Julia.

Did you receive my email ?

I sent it to you on August 6th.

Maybe it went in your junk emails.

Thanks,

Gilles
All done Gilles, I had a very rare day off on Friday and have been catching up on emails and meetings since. Your invoice has been created and sent over to you ?

Very excited ahead of you receiving your new equipment ?
Kindest
Julia

Back