Diy Van Mount Advice Please....

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shine Window Cleaning, Jan 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

I am currently constructing a list of equipment that I will need to build a DIY van mount system. I have a LWB Vauxhall Vivaro, and a WFP trolley with resin canisters on. I am planning on 'cannabilising' the trolley and installing a flat 650 litre tank and RO system in too the van. Can someone who has perhaps constructed their own DIY van mount system assist me with a list so I can start estimating costs etc please?

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Water tank
    pump
    controller,
    hose reel
    hose + some for plumbing of tank and pump/s
    wfp
    all relevent pump and hose fittings.

ro filter, pre filters and di vessel (either in van or static at home and transfer water to van).

Basic list i`m sorry. Shop around for best deals, but dont scrimp on a good RO membrane 4040 preferably.

3. David Taylor

Second battery with split relay if your using all day.

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

What sort of trolley have you got? What pump and controller is on it?

5. Shine Window Cleaning

thats some great pointers thanks. I have the pre-filters /controller/pump on my trolley, so I'm hoping to use these into my set-up. I'm not really that technically minded but had a similar system few years back. I'm hoping to follow some 'how to' videos on how to install myself- is this do-able to attempt yourself? Professional instal seems extortionate!!

6. Shine Window Cleaning

i have a Polar Brite trolley with resin canisters attached/flow contoller(although might need changing/refurb as on/button keeps sticking!), battery and 100psi pump. I'm hoping to 'cannabilise' and use in my van-mount system!

7. Belfastcleaning

Is it a shurflo 100psi pump? If so, what I would do, is just install a tank in the van.. Giving me the choice, trolley or can mount.. You would need 100m of microbore too.. What size of battery is in the trolley? Just put a split charge relay in it and charge as you drive.. Never have to charge in the house... Also at this time of the year, you would be able to just disconnect hoses and bring your trolley/portable can mount indoors out of the cold so you will never freeze up either!!

8. Shine Window Cleaning

9. David Taylor

Did all my own installation and I knew nothing about wfp... basically secure the tank, have a feed from tank to pump(inline strainer or other filter depending on how you install), pump to hose. battery to pump and controller (fit a relay saves alot of messing later).
    Either fit a connection to allow water into the tank or just remove lid to fill.....VAN DONE.
    Filter system at home with connection to fit whatever you did in van. Transfer or direct fill.

10. Belfastcleaning

Advertisement