Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you charge more for using hot water ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

Hi all,

Still pondering wether to invest in a pure freedom hot water system ? … would you say it’s a good investment ? Do you charge more when cleaning with hot water ? Like most I also do a lot of fascia gutter cleaning as well.
Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure how you could justify charging more because you use hot to a custome,it would be like charging more because you have a new van or use extreme poles.

Hot is meant to speed you up so you should do more work in the same time and cover your expenses.

The customer doesn’t care what temperature the water is they just want the item cleaning.

I can’t see anyone being able to charge more for using hot water as the windows are still clean regardless. Where you might up your income is through being able to complete jobs quicker in turn earning you more money. This will only work on heavily soiled jobs and you won’t save much time on most maintenance washes so depending on what type of work you do it could end up being an expensive luxury that doesn’t earn you any more money than working with cold.

No we don’t charge more for using hot but are more than able to cover the costs of fuel in extra work done , I know some won’t agree with this but it’s what I find this is especially true on plastic and commercial building cleaning and regular costal windows that are covered in salt .

Hi all,

Still pondering wether to invest in a pure freedom hot water system ? … would you say it’s a good investment ? Do you charge more when cleaning with hot water ? Like most I also do a lot of fascia gutter cleaning as well.
Thanks in advance.
Best thing you will ever do in business, I bit the bullet and went with 9kw diesel heater and two man system and have never looked back. Can make a grand a week no bother and its great for first cleans and PVC cleans. IMO

You could always add an extra cost on all new houses you pick up for using it but not disclosing it to them. I wouldn't try justify adding on any extra for using hot though. If anything it would make bird muck easier to come off making the job quicker. A customer doesn't care if your scrubbing a window for 1 minute or 10 aslong as it's clean when you leave. Just add say £2 to every new house to cover it and don't say the £2 is because its hot.

No! Its me that get the advantage of hot water, they didnt ask for it.
I agree 100%. Hot isn't a necessity. We worked for 15 years wfp without it. But now we have it, it's great to have when it's cold outside. We don't use it all day, every day.

Would I invest that amount of money in a new heater? No, as I can't justify the cost as I can't do much work a day. I purchased this one on a spares or repair basis and fixed it up and modified it. It doesn't help me to clean more houses a day tbh.

However, over Easter we had no hot water due to a leaking header tank that needed to be replaced. I used it to fill a hot bath and had a shower using it to heat the water. Even the wife was impressed.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
A diesel hot water system is a luxury and something I bought after 25 years of window cleaning...by this time I was comfortable financially and had a good round....

I don't charge anymore than I would if I was using cold water

I love mine and just wouldn't be without it.i use mine all year round apart from on the hottest days in summer

Back