Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you get what you pay for ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just seems modern technology is too sensitive.

For example my mum has had the same washing machine since my brother Callam died 25 years ago.

So I guess that washing machines do indeed last longer with cal gone ?

sorry ?

Modern technology is designed to break. There's no money in making products that last forever. Everything is about  maximising profitability.

Yeah i agree it’s funny how these days everything seems to pack up just as the warranty ends. Its well worth insuring things now. Saved our bacon last month. Tv & washing machine packed up one after the other, one 5 years old the other 6. Also when my iPhone contract ran out i thought sod it why bother upgrading, 3 months later it died. Manufacturers are able to time these things to a tee i reckon

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Especially with smartphones tablets laptops ect. They just slow them down through updates... They talk about saving the planet by reusing a plastic bag, they need to stop companies constantly pushing people into buying a new phone/car every year and make products in general more reliable.

Yeah couldn’t agree more, my nan had a twin tub washing machine for over 25 years, their boiler & gas fires are nearly 50 years old and still going strong
emoji123.png
things really were made to last.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Why am I now craving chicken wings?  

After I did the gas course, we all noticed the same with new boilers. The manufacturers want them to last 10 years and then buy a new one. It means they are kept in business by selling new boilers. They now make them so complicated that you need to replace the full part which is pretty expensive because its a genuine part. If they make a boiler to last then China will copy the parts and flog them at half the price. Manufacturer then goes bust because no one is buying their parts. Only way to get round it, is by offering 5, 7 or 10yr warranties. Once the warrantee runs out then you wait till it breaks and buy another boiler, that's what I intend to do.

Back