Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does this make me a proper window cleaner now? Lol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As said on here, l wouldn't object to a national pricing policy, it would instill more confidence in our profession .

But as ever with local councils they up the prices to finance the latest vanity project.

My wife runs her own Dog Walking business she started a home boarding service with one dog staying with us while customer's went on holiday etc. and there used to be a voluntary code of practice, where the Council would inspect your property to make sure everything is up to standard access to water, exercise up to date vet history etc.

Now they've made it compulsory and charge £150 P.a. for the pleasure. Failure to adhere is a£5000 fine and/ or 6months in prison.

We didn't want dog's boarding all the time so it's not really viable.

So going back to our job, I'm surprised the English haven't latched on to this and implemented it here like our Scottish friends.

Too much work for councils to come up with that idea easier to put up council tax to pay for councillors over inflated pay most of whom are on the fiddle our council leader runs a garage who just so happens to do MOT work on council vehicles when there are at least 4 garages nearer to council depot that do MOT s

i think it's a good idea IF done properly, set as a national scheme. Say £50 for 1 county or £100 for a national license. Would weed out the dole and beer boys, which would mean prices wouldn't be dragged down as much, which in turn means more £££

Back