Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does using 40ft pole almost horizontal risk snapping it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

I have a house with super awkward upstairs sea view windows that are above a low pitched roof, they're about 35-40ft with pole at a a 10-15 degree angle, its better once brush is on glass as the pressure reduces the down force + i use the heavy metal gutter on the first section of pole to lighten the load, but as soon as the brush comes off the glass the pole is straining - i'm using an SLX an it is bending like a fishing rod with a whale on the end. I was wondering what the stress on the the pole could be and if its a process to avoid ? any advice welcome thanks

I have a house with super awkward upstairs sea view windows that are above a low pitched roof, they're about 35-40ft with pole at a a 10-15 degree angle, its better once brush is on glass as the pressure reduces the down force + i use the heavy metal gutter on the first section of pole to lighten the load, but as soon as the brush comes off the glass the pole is straining - i'm using an SLX an it is bending like a fishing rod with a whale on the end. I was wondering what the stress on the the pole could be and if its a process to avoid ? any advice welcome thanks
Are you mad, because the strain you are putting on your elbows and shoulders. Just say you can't do them or do them from inside. Not worth it for a few pounds.

Latest Posts

Back