Dogs!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Masons, Jun 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

Ok, so today I had a run in with a customers neighbours white german shepherd who found his way through a hedge and I ended up straddling a fence with a 15-20ft drop on the other side ringing the customer to tell them to get their neighbour to get the dog.

Now, I'm sick of dogs, bitten by one 2 months ago, had a stand off with one growling and showing teeth couple weeks ago, and now this.

Question is, when dealing with rogue dogs who threaten to attack me, what are my defences?

I cannot carry a gun obviously, but what personal protection against vicious animals are available to me?

I was thinking of pepper spray mainly, as this would really mess with a dogs head and render him useless.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Dreading that as I have no idea what to do, was a big one next door when I was doing a house other day was pooing myself lol. I do carry dog treats in the car though so can make friends with custies dogs if they're willing.

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

A big f****n stick !!!!!

4. Masons

Masons Guru

I just found pepper spray is illegal, so is any liquid modified in a container that can cause harm.

I hear some people carry cif lemon, as that will sting like hell if got in the eyes, I could always keep it concentrate in a spray, dogs wouldn't want to come near after smelling that close up.

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Masons you need to stand up to them, try jumping up and down waving your arms and growling as loud as you can.. Don't show them you are scared. If they don't back down run at it and do the same growling and arm waving.. If you both go at it then try get a hold of one of its legs and just snap it..

That's what I plan to do when some pooch tries to give me back cheek

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Or just do what they do on black ops . Snap there neck .

7. chip

chip Guru

Hmm, I can see the RSPCA getting busier

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

hehehe, I always got vinegar and ecover in my sprayer on a belt so quick turn of nozzle and it can shoot 15 feet easy. Straight between the eyes, formulated for window cleaning not illegal and done in self defence = sorted.

9. chip

chip Guru

It's the legs and neck snapping I mean, at this rate well be advise to break into the kennels, club the docile chihuahua before it gets in first!

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Yeah but they can give ya a nasty scratch they can..

Advertisement