Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone put an offer on their leaflets?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carl Anderson

Just wondering if anyone had any success with doing an offer on their leaflets rather than just stating company name and services offered? Did you find a difference in response rate if you did?

Both of the above comments by Part Timer and Yogi are very fair points ..... but .... it is possible to dress something up as a 'special offer' without it being too special. The main thing is that whatever it is you're still making some reasonable money out of it.
It's easy to dismiss these things but you need to drum up some more work it's worth considering other options. Personally I haven't advertised an offer on flyers but I think it's worth a try as a way of perhaps grabbing the attention of a homeowner before they bin it.
What you have to think about is whether you're going to keep any new customers on that price or try and raise it in due course? Then you might have some difficulty, which is why you need to come up with a sensible offer that allows you to earn out of it. And don't kid yourself into thinking that they'll be so impressed with the service they will be happy to pay more. They won't.
And definitely not only a few months down the line.

The people who are wanting the work done but only looking to pay x amount are likely going to haggle you to that proce anyway. Its then up to you whether to accept it. If you haven't enough work and the price there willing to pay isn't to bad then some moneys better than no money. Some might say not to move on the price but if you haven't enough work refusing it is going to effect you more than the customer.
If you have enough work and your price is reasonable I wouldn't budge for £1 under.

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking of maybe an offer like 2nd clean 50% off but first clean would be 50% to 100% more anyway combined with an expiry date on the offer as a call to action. What do you think?

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking of maybe an offer like 2nd clean 50% off but first clean would be 50% to 100% more anyway combined with an expiry date on the offer as a call to action. What do you think?

This is only how I look at things but if I want something that I know does an offer I then wait until it goes back on offer until do it. Instead of doing offers, this will know doubt sound daft to some and you might get some people taking advantage but in new build estates I'd just state first cleans on us. Most people haven't the cheek to not continue it because they don't want to say don't do it again.

Just wondering if anyone had any success with doing an offer on their leaflets rather than just stating company name and services offered? Did you find a difference in response rate if you did?
I've been on the tools for 30 years I have seen and done everything. offers are good but a call to action is better offer something with your compliments don't use the word free it means it has no value but with your compliments it seems like you are paying for it out of your pocket. for so instance.

Set a time deadline on your leaflet in bold red this is a known colour for taking action (Google it) for instance 30th June of a small discount for internal and external cleaning that way you are generating more work at the same property each job is different and are charged appropriately so you could say for example external window cleaning is £28 you could do internal and external for £50 until 30 June you have a customer who has had both ins/out cleaned and and you have another regular customer who in 6 months may want their internals cleaned again.

Make sure that you have the year on your leaflet I got a customer who got a little shirty because I posted a leaflet 4 years ago and they wanted the offer I was advertising.

In sort customers are a pain but we can't live without them they'll take the Mick, some do they under value our service and believe they have the right to pay us when they feel like it, I often reply would you go to the supermarket and say oh just send me the bill i'll pay it later, my answer is No i have a card machine please pay now then its done.

Latest Posts

Back