Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Egg on glass......HELP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Correct me if I am wrong but I`m pretty sure in order for the enzymes which are present in the washing powder solution to become active the water has to be warm. Did you use a hot water solution? as this might have made a difference but thanks for the info. That will come in handy at some point. I do use screwfix degreaser and have found it really good.
No, I forgot to take some with me in a flask. With it being bio I thought it would work with cold as it says you only need it at 30 degrees for the wash. I'm guessing the pure is probably about 16c maybe less. It is a good point though, it might just need heat.

To be honest though I was thinking about it before and why it didn't work but the screwfix did, I'm wondering if it might be better using cold water? I was thinking that some things in cleaning, well heat makes the problem worse. Think of chewing gum in a carpet, you apply heat and it just reawakens the gum and creates a stringy guey mess, so freezing it makes it easier to remove. Well I was wondering that the screwfix used with cold water might be better than hot as it would keep the egg residue solid instead of melting it off the glass with a hot solution.

Using the screwfix with cold was absolutely fine though, I just don't know what the result would be like with a hot solution.

Done loads of eggy windows and always managed with a Gardiner scraper and cold water.
I'll bare that in mind for ground floor stuff, I wouldn't fancy it on the uppers from the ground. Years ago when I was a mobile cleaner I was tasked with doing a builders clean on a soon to be open dominoes pizza shop, place was an absolute state with building residue everywhere. They had a glass partition on the front counter and the builder gave me a razor blade to remove like a glue residue on the glass as no chemical I had would remove it. From memory it did work well, I wouldn't want to risk it from the ground on a customers upper windows though.

Forgot to say, I used an old brush so my current brush didn't get contaminated with egg bits. The brush looked better than when I started using it, like newer, lol. It's proper worn though and I can't understand why it's so worn compared to my current brush. It was one of the first brushes I had and I used to do first cleans using screwfix degreaser all the time. I think the degreaser might have caused the brush to wear faster. These days I don't really use degreaser, I just use lots of pure water on them and let it soak for a bit and use the pink stuff on the sills. I can't think of any other reason for the excessive wear as I do a lot more work now than a few years ago and my current brush is probably 8 months old now and looks way better than the old brush... almost like a new one.

I'll bare that in mind for ground floor stuff, I wouldn't fancy it on the uppers from the ground. Years ago when I was a mobile cleaner I was tasked with doing a builders clean on a soon to be open dominoes pizza shop, place was an absolute state with building residue everywhere. They had a glass partition on the front counter and the builder gave me a razor blade to remove like a glue residue on the glass as no chemical I had would remove it. From memory it did work well, I wouldn't want to risk it from the ground on a customers upper windows though.
It's plastic and we use them all the time on seagull :poop: Never damaged a window yet!

Back