Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employees Christmas bonuses

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good idea that. I was surprised by the amount of homeless folk setting around up camp along the shop fronts in Glasgow city centre when we were going to the Royal orchestra hall. It's a tough life they never asked for.

Out of interest what would you class as the essentials? 

Poncho, blanket, sleeping bag, water bottles they can refil, tioletries, baby wipes etc.

Most people give them food or a coffee, but it could be a woman with no sanitary products. No toothbrush etc.

The sad thing is if they are illegals they wont go to any shelters etc. Its really sad to see this day and age.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just gave food to the food bank and presents for collection for disadvantaged children from our own money and didn’t feel the need to post it on Facebook.

For staff bonuses we gave each staff member a fairly modest £250 each which was paid through salary and was taxed. When I had just one employee a few years ago I allowed him to buy something that could be passed off as an expense item and gave him the cash. I think it was an Apple product. But I wouldn’t do it now. 

I had 2 Ben10 interceptor cars brand new still in the box. Found out one of my customer's son loves Ben10 so I gave her both of them. It means him and his brother will get one each and stop any fighting between them. I must have bought them over 10yrs ago and decided to get my nephews something else. I also bought two Harry Potter train sets and gave one to my big brother who hasn't opened it. I guess we are waiting for Harry to die then the real money is made. ? 

I had 2 Ben10 interceptor cars brand new still in the box. Found out one of my customer's son loves Ben10 so I gave her both of them. It means him and his brother will get one each and stop any fighting between them. I must have bought them over 10yrs ago and decided to get my nephews something else. I also bought two Harry Potter train sets and gave one to my big brother who hasn't opened it. I guess we are waiting for Harry to die then the real money is made. ? 
Will you steal the other set back when the value suits the need? 

Back