Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Everyone's adaptations to wfp or equipment.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you ll waste more time swapping poles than actually using one pole for both upper and lower windows!what a ridiculous idea!and if you ve got 5-10 houses to clean in a row(with no van moves),you ll be lugging 2 poles about AND you hose.......
My customers are mostly really big houses which have 75+ windows and take more than an hour to clean. At the end of the day the benefit of using a short lightweight pole is definitely noticeable.

It’s not lugging around with two poles, do upper windows first, back to van, pick other pole, do the rest. It isn’t benefitial when cleaning small houses or few windows per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
you ll waste more time swapping poles than actually using one pole for both upper and lower windows!what a ridiculous idea!and if you ve got 5-10 houses to clean in a row(with no van moves),you ll be lugging 2 poles about AND you hose.......
Ask @Den.

He has shoulder issues and the smaller pole helps.

He's not slow either.

What's this please. The remote control ? Where did you get it from please? Thanks
Just checked and either the price has increased or I miss remembered. The remote is £12 here: https://amzn.to/3hURJuc 

Basically it comes with 2 remotes each with 2 buttons and a little relay box. The relay box needs 12v, so opened up gardiners backpack and traced the cables so I can remotely switch on and off the speed controller cables. I didn't need any extra cables and just had to cut a wire that runs into the speed controller to go through the relay. I used the normally closed connections to the relay so if I broke a remote the pump would still run as normal. I setup all remote control buttons to get the relay to toggle on and off - so what ever button I press the pump runs or stops what ever it's not doing. So press red button once and pump off press again and pump on. Basically you teach the relay what buttons you want to do what. You can buy the remotes with more buttons and relays that have more channels. So you could do all sorts with them.

It works well as range to backpack is never that great.

Just be aware the colour coding and connections on the gardiner back pack are 'interesting'. I drew it all out as sometimes black wires were 0v and other times 12v!!!! I used a multimeter to work it all out. 

Have a look inside your back pack and see if you can understand the wiring before you order one. Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs but I have no idea of peoples experience, I was trained many years ago as an electronics engineer. 

Hope that helps?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have some days with 5 bungalows on the bounce makes sense to use a pole which weights 270g short and compact down narrow alleys etc 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/clx-4.html

John guest fitting so between 3 and 6 seconds to change poles just Makes total sense to me. I know for reading on here everyone’s rounds vary but on my round I wouldn’t be without a small pole on my van in actual fact it would be stupid not to have onboard ?

CLX4 could be used for this as well, but some of my knuckles are not that healthy anymore, due to pole work. I’ve found that a large grip diameter (gardiner section 5 and above) works much better, more control, less stress on the wrist and finger joints. Clx4 diameter is section2 I guess?

For people thinking this is ridiculous idea: I’ve been doing WFP work for almost 20 years now. What would you do at the gym if your instructor tells you to pick 0,5kg dumbells or 2kg dumbells and make 2500 repetitions in an hour. Ofcourse a strong man thinks: ‘will try 2kg so my muscles get bigger’. But what if he asks to make 10.000 repetitions in 3 hours? And 50.000 reps a week? 200.000/month? 1.000.000/year? These numbers are real for your arms and wrists windowcleaners! Keep healthy!

74AD8EDC-11FB-4535-8CE4-0A3ECBA8513A.jpeg

C23E2823-9085-4327-8E0C-9381BF735778.jpeg

A3BF9583-3E28-4663-B443-5F360EA1A578.jpeg

CLX4 could be used for this as well, but some of my knuckles are not that healthy anymore, due to pole work. I’ve found that a large grip diameter (gardiner section 5 and above) works much better, more control, less stress on the wrist and finger joints. Clx4 diameter is section2 I guess?

For people thinking this is ridiculous idea: I’ve been doing WFP work for almost 20 years now. What would you do at the gym if your instructor tells you to pick 0,5kg dumbells or 2kg dumbells and make 2500 repetitions in an hour. Ofcourse a strong man thinks: ‘will try 2kg so my muscles get bigger’. But what if he asks to make 10.000 repetitions in 3 hours? And 50.000 reps a week? 200.000/month? 1.000.000/year? These numbers are real for your arms and wrists windowcleaners! Keep healthy!
Yes youare correct I used to tape part of pipe insulation with gaffer tape on my extreme 18’ that helped a with a wider grip but unfortunately it kept coming apart ? I spoke with Alex Gardiner and he suggested using so bicylce handle bar tape which worked to a degree. I did a thread on it a couple of years ago. 

I found not being round was the best grip pipe insulation cut along ways about about quarter size as I have arthritis defo helps I will have to look int again.

I found not being round was the best grip pipe insulation cut along ways about about quarter size as I have arthritis defo helps I will have to look int again.
That's cos you're ancient mate.

found not being round was the best grip pipe insulation cut along ways about about quarter size as I have arthritis defo helps I will have to look int again.
Great idea. I’ve been using hockey stick grip-tape (brandname Bravo) on the Gardiner pole. Keeps in good shape on the pole about half a year, than renew. The ‘being not round’ is something Ova8 discovered ? not tried it myself (yet). I like the xtreme for its stiffness/weight.

What also helps for artritis in the hands; install an app on your phone called: ‘posture check’. Stretch your hands every half hour. It will keep your joints and muscles in better shape. Originally the app is to remind to keep a healthy posture, but it works for reminder to stretch/pauze/warm up your hands too.

Great idea. I’ve been using hockey stick grip-tape (brandname Bravo) on the Gardiner pole. Keeps in good shape on the pole about half a year, than renew. The ‘being not round’ is something Ova8 discovered ? not tried it myself (yet). I like the xtreme for its stiffness/weight.

What also helps for artritis in the hands; install an app on your phone called: ‘posture check’. Stretch your hands every half hour. It will keep your joints and muscles in better shape. Originally the app is to remind to keep a healthy posture, but it works for reminder to stretch/pauze/warm up your hands too.
Have tried ova8 17 and 22 two different windies let me try their poles both really heavy not for me but I did like the feel of them ?would like to try an extreme pole is the oval shape but don’t know it that would ever happen. 

Have tried ova8 17 and 22 two different windies let me try their poles both really heavy not for me but I did like the feel of them ?would like to try an extreme pole is the oval shape but don’t know it that would ever happen. 
The xtreme range of poles are the poles to buy if you want to make your working day as easy as possible....ova8 poles are far too heavy compared to xtremes.....I'm a 6ft 2in 114kg bodybuilder too!.......

The xtreme range of poles are the poles to buy if you want to make your working day as easy as possible....ova8 poles are far too heavy compared to xtremes.....I'm a 6ft 2in 114kg bodybuilder too!.......
I only use extreme poles apart from my little bungalow pole ? and I’m 6’2” 114kg Greek god ?

Back