Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Squeege Channels?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stainless all the way !!!

The amount of times i have dropped mine from height not clipping it into my boab and it falling

If it were brass it would of bent up broke or anything .

i use both, a stainless 14" and a brass 10" for smaller window'd houses, i dont find much of a difference tbh, i dont drop my squeege that often tho,lol

I use Stainless unger S channels - in sizes 6", 10", 12" and 22". I dogear them and use unger soft rubber.

Basically, you'd be surprised how often the 6" one comes in handy. I use it loads, every day. I could do it with the 10", but it's just easier and faster with the 6". So I'd really reccomend it. The 10" one is what I do 95% of my work on. It's easy to control which makes it fast and with Ecover and a bit of vinegar in my bucket it just flies over the glass. The 12" hardly gets used tbh, It's just personal preference I guess but I prefer the agility and speed that I've developed with the £10inch. However it seems that there are a reasonable proportion of windows that are exactly 12" either in width or height and for those it is brilliant because it means it's just one long pull to do the whole window. There is a sailing club I do that has loads of windows that are about 12" high by about 1.5 metres long. I'm always pleased when I don't forget my 12" squeegee on the days I clean that place. Lastly there is the 22" - that's just for shops, big windows, and the odd one here or there that is exactly 22" so it's 1 pull for the window. Took me a while to get used to it, turns out less is more with the pressure on that one, you have to let the squeegee do the work or it knackers your thumb out! Does for me anyway...

Stay away from brass channels one drop and they bend making them useless. Brass is too soft a metal. Stainless is the way to go.

hi ya as iam old school, i started of with brass chanels and have never changed, i had a go with a stainless channel and found it to light, i had to put pressure on to control it, with the weight of the brass i just let them do the job with no pressure

I have to agree! I went back to brass. I like the weight and the balance in my hand better than steel. I try to let the squeegee do the work, by not squeezing or pressing down on the squeegee to hard and for me brass is the ticket.

Aha! So I guess the answer to your question RCProperty is that different folks like different channels for different reasons! I'd never considered channel weight, might have to buy a brass squeegee next time I have a good payday and try it out! /emoticons/smile.png

Another thing on squeegee size is I use to use much longer channels. Now I think I move just as fast perhaps even faster with shorter channels. I can fan at a much higher speed and that makes up for the shorter length. If I had some jobs like a car dealership with really big plates of glass I might break out the 36" channel.JMO

is there a place on ebay you get your all in one squeegees from, looked on wcw and you have to order 2 different pieces, cant be bothered, id like to just look and order 1 bit of kit

is there a place on ebay you get your all in one squeegees from, looked on wcw and you have to order 2 different pieces, cant be bothered, id like to just look and order 1 bit of kit
Must be so time consuming ordering a squeegy chanel and a handle /emoticons/tongue.png :lol: .

ordered from ebay, clean it up, 18in squeegy + applicator £10.45 free p+p. a lot cheaper than local supplies., im ssssooooooo excited bingo, you must be to read my thread, good to see you taking an interest in my dialemas

Best news I've heard all day, sooooo glad you got youself sorted.....give yourself a pat on the back....well done mate /emoticons/biggrin.png .

Latest Posts

Back