Fan jets or pencil jets???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by David Williams, Mar 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Fan jets or pencil jets that is the question?
    Still can't decide....!
    Help........

Advertisement
  2. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

pencils for me i used to usefans for a fair bit they are ok and i loved em to start with but i think pencils give a better rinse overall iv switched all mine back to pencils except for cladding brushes which are used for conservatories and fascias they all have fan jets

3. What about windows that do not rinse properly ie water runs off the glass really fast?
    I'm finding some windows rinse really well then the next one beads why is this???

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

There are two different types of glass, hydrophilic (sheets down), hydrophobic (beads).

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Try putting both in a brush and experiment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hydrophobic glass is a pain in the backside
    I'm finding these take longer to clean to avoid spotting.
    Any tips?

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've been noticing spotting on a lot of my jobs lately. I was cleaning the top frame until today, when I changed technique. I didn't do the top frame and just nudged the brush up to the top seal, without going above it. I then rinsed 2" below the seal. It seemed to work.

8. Will give this a try thanks.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Also when rinsing hydrophobic glass try rinsing across 5 or 6 times sideways in the same place at the top of where you start your rinse, that creates a wall of water that helps sheet I've found.

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

its nce to have boath but i like pencles u can rinse more acruet here is a few vits to help u deside

i like the 4 jet ider an bigger jets less splash bk beta rinsing;)

Advertisement