Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fascias amd Soffit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pure water alone will clean gutters, fascia’s and soffits, yes. If they’re really grimy then a lot of cleaners like to spray on a chemical prior to scrubbing.

I use a chemical called Blaze from Sundew Hygiene diluted down and sprayed on from a pole with a GVS sniper.

Some people use traffic film removed (non caustic), some use Virosol and some just use fairy liquid. Everyone develops their own method really, it’s just a case of trial and error.

Make sure you charge accordingly . I charge ten times the price of window cleaning to do facias say a house is £20 for windows then its 200 to do the facias .Seems to be the current rate in my area

Pure water and some good scrubbing usually fetches the muck off well. I have used wcw razer wash & Screwfix uPVC cleaner and to be fair, by the time I have faffed applying that then rinsing, I can't say that the results have been any better or quicker with the chemical. Might just be me though.

Just use washing up liquid, you can't **** anything up with it like TFR or hypo could if you get it wrong
@Gareth R Jones I agree with @AW Services above ☝️. I don't do many gsf but I just use a mild detergent similar to virosol, and it tends to be fine. You can be safe in the knowledge that whatever drips down onto the customers property (or on yourself) is going to do no harm.

Just use washing up liquid, you can't **** anything up with it like TFR or hypo could if you get it wrong
I use something similar to washing up liquid it isn't as runny as w.u.l but it works a treat and is very easy to dispense from a squeezy bottle, I take the same precautions around composite doors and I don't let any of it dry on.

Back