Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filling a filter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Russcooper

Got a filter housing that’s leaking So was going to take it off reseat it Does it have to have water in it or will it fill up on its own when I put the water on to fill my static tank
Also just to make sure I seal it can I use plumbers tape on the threads One more question the red pressure buttons on the top of the filters why are they there
Thanks

I think the filter housings have a rubber o ring that creates the seal. Putting ptfe tape round the threads probably won't help. You need to check the o rings and maybe replace them or it could have rucked up a bit which may have damaged it.
I think the red buttons are to release the air from the filters.
The filters will fill up on their own and push the air out after a while, pressing the red button might help release the air..

Got a filter housing that’s leaking So was going to take it off reseat it Does it have to have water in it or will it fill up on its own when I put the water on to fill my static tank
Also just to make sure I seal it can I use plumbers tape on the threads One more question the red pressure buttons on the top of the filters why are they there
Thanks
if your filter housing is leaking most likely cross threaded absolutely no need to PTFE them as this makes more of an issue, you shouldn't have managed to damage the thread as they are made of sturdy plastic remove the PTFE tap and cautiously replace and fully tighten up and all should be fine,

the red button is to release air which gets into the system after water of the pre-filter housings has been removed and then replaced, I don't have red buttons on fine so I usually just flush my R/O for a minute

Latest Posts

Back