Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day out canvassing today! Roasted!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There some great prices matem here in Yorkshire I don't think I've got any houses I do that are over £35. Anything over that and it's bigger one off jobs. Great work ???

Didn't have much time yesterday unfortunately due to my work over running now that kids have come back to school. 

I decided instead of canvassing door to door I would do a leaflet drop and quickly smash out a couple of the streets near me. Didn't take too long and hopefully will be able to remind people who I am in a couple of weeks when I door to door those streets also. 

- Double pronged marketing attack! ?

Now just making sure my SumUp actually pays to my bank by doing some dummy payments and loving it, despite already feeling super busy before even really starting lol!

Hey guys just a little update. 

Serviced the customers today that I referenced in my original post in the thread. One has annoyed me a bit as they said I will call you when I need you next and tipped me £5. I explained to them that we had an agreement to do every 6 weeks but they where having none of it, basically just saying nah we are really happy with what you've done today but have decided not to do every 6 weeks.. a bit annoying since I signed up the wife and clearly the husband wasn't happy her spending their money.

2 other first cleans on the street that went well and a call up from a guy on the street who wanted a one-off on his fronts. 

They were clean anyway to be honest so quoted him £15 while he went to the shops. Paid before he left and took me 20 mins. Love it. 

Also went across town and quoted the listed building £1.5m house. 

One off clean and wasn't in too bad shape to be fair, some interesting windows which will make for some good before and afters. 

Quoted her £100 which was the top end of my estimate, probably because I was tired from todays work! She nearly bit my hand off and I'm going back next Monday to do that one! Will earn in 2.5/3 hours what I earn in a day at my dayjob. Buzzing.

Thank you all so much for all the help so far and glad to have gotten started!

Hey guys just a little update. 

Serviced the customers today that I referenced in my original post in the thread. One has annoyed me a bit as they said I will call you when I need you next and tipped me £5. I explained to them that we had an agreement to do every 6 weeks but they where having none of it, basically just saying nah we are really happy with what you've done today but have decided not to do every 6 weeks.. a bit annoying since I signed up the wife and clearly the husband wasn't happy her spending their money.

2 other first cleans on the street that went well and a call up from a guy on the street who wanted a one-off on his fronts. 

They were clean anyway to be honest so quoted him £15 while he went to the shops. Paid before he left and took me 20 mins. Love it. 

Also went across town and quoted the listed building £1.5m house. 

One off clean and wasn't in too bad shape to be fair, some interesting windows which will make for some good before and afters. 

Quoted her £100 which was the top end of my estimate, probably because I was tired from todays work! She nearly bit my hand off and I'm going back next Monday to do that one! Will earn in 2.5/3 hours what I earn in a day at my dayjob. Buzzing.

Thank you all so much for all the help so far and glad to have gotten started!
If someone is honest and just ask for a one off clean then I try to oblige.  But we do charge a little extra.

It's the ones who are happy for you to come back and do a regular clean knowing their tenancy is up at the end of the month. It always seems that the new tenants don't react to the ticket hoping they will get a few free cleans before telling you they don't want a window cleaner. We have this a lot in the town centre and now I'm not interested in quoting for flat cleans.

If someone is honest and just ask for a one off clean then I try to oblige.  But we do charge a little extra.

It's the ones who are happy for you to come back and do a regular clean knowing their tenancy is up at the end of the month. It always seems that the new tenants don't react to the ticket hoping they will get a few free cleans before telling you they don't want a window cleaner. We have this a lot in the town centre and now I'm not interested in quoting for flat cleans.
For sure, if they are up front about only wanting a one off that's absolutely fine. Just don't tell me you want it regularly in the first place haha

Latest Posts

Back