Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Gutter Cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Apologies for high jacking your comment. Spinaclean have ill-advised you with reference to a generator 

If the atom is 1700watts a 2.7kva generator will be at it's listed peak because a vacuum is a resistive load and if it were to become blocked it would throttle the AVR.

The Clarke is a great generator and very lightweight for it's compact enclosed frame. A far greater tank capacity meaning less fuelling on the job.

I personally have 2 of them and also the newer compact 1700w model.

Austin 
Hey mate, not at all advise is always welcome. Yeah, there's no way I would go for their recommend and of course they just happened to sell it. Clarke one looks a goer alright, I even found two suppliers over here in Ireland which is rare as we usually have sweet fa and I end up ordering everything from the UK. 

Can i ask you regarding the Clarke, what is the noise levels like?

https://ige.ie/pacini-3-5kva-petrol-7hp-generator/

Hi Daniel. I have been looking at that same Pacini generator u mentioned from Irish Garage Equipment also but like u I wasn't sure of the brand. But it does look a good price for a 3.5kva. 
Yeah mate, I was just looking at IGE there again myself. It's a hard one to gauge as you don't want to fork out the cash and then end up with something that is unreliable. I do think that a genie is the way to go. I know it's a just incase but I suppose it means you are self sufficient & you can also use it for other things if needed.

Hey mate, not at all advise is always welcome. Yeah, there's no way I would go for their recommend and of course they just happened to sell it. Clarke one looks a goer alright, I even found two suppliers over here in Ireland which is rare as we usually have sweet fa and I end up ordering everything from the UK. 

Can i ask you regarding the Clarke, what is the noise levels like?
It's 96db but also features a smart throttle so it revs up when the vac is on and quietens when the vac switches off.

It may be of additional help to you that Sealey another large reputable tool manufacturer have their badged version of the exact same machine for a little less and the same specs. 

Model Number SEALEY GI3500

Austin 

It's 96db but also features a smart throttle so it revs up when the vac is on and quietens when the vac switches off.

It may be of additional help to you that Sealey another large reputable tool manufacturer have their badged version of the exact same machine for a little less and the same specs. 

Model Number SEALEY GI3500

Austin 
Thanks Austin, much appreciated

This has been a helpful thread, especially the tips on keeping the equipment clean. I bought a Sky Vac and am looking forward to using it, although I'm sure it will require some new hand-eye coordination maneuvers.

Had my 1700watt panther out today for the first

first job cut my hand assembling the pole , then forgot there was a base section and wondered why the hose kept coming off. Wasn’t a lot in the gutters but sucked it all up well 

second job there was a clump in the corner which I knew straight away the ladder up would have had it out in seconds but I thought I would try and vac it. 10 minutes later I was doubting even getting the panther and just went up the ladder to remove it. Probably didn’t help the customer was on top of me amazed by it all. Then round the back working over a small lean to roof the poles felt an absolute ton. Again I hadn’t even the strength to attach the clump in the corner so ladder round to sort that 

third job was a bungalow and as quick as I could walk round it sucked up all the dry moss and I was happy again with it ! 

I would imagine when the clumps are wet they would be easier to chop up and work with? 

Had my 1700watt panther out today for the first

first job cut my hand assembling the pole , then forgot there was a base section and wondered why the hose kept coming off. Wasn’t a lot in the gutters but sucked it all up well 

second job there was a clump in the corner which I knew straight away the ladder up would have had it out in seconds but I thought I would try and vac it. 10 minutes later I was doubting even getting the panther and just went up the ladder to remove it. Probably didn’t help the customer was on top of me amazed by it all. Then round the back working over a small lean to roof the poles felt an absolute ton. Again I hadn’t even the strength to attach the clump in the corner so ladder round to sort that 

third job was a bungalow and as quick as I could walk round it sucked up all the dry moss and I was happy again with it ! 

I would imagine when the clumps are wet they would be easier to chop up and work with? 
Yes it’s a lot easier when it’s all wet comes out like slurry when moss is hard it can block the nozzle , it takes time to learn how to use a vac effectively just keep going you will get the hang of it given time .

Yes it’s a lot easier when it’s all wet comes out like slurry when moss is hard it can block the nozzle , it takes time to learn how to use a vac effectively just keep going you will get the hang of it given time .
See in regards to the flexible neck , is this better than having it fixed ? 

See in regards to the flexible neck , is this better than having it fixed ? 
It depends what you are doing my first vac I had for 15 years had a silicone bend and that’s all I used , I have had a skyvac for the last 18 months and that has a rigid neck sometimes the flexible one is better when working at awkward angles over conservatory roofs or tight spaces but now I use the ridged 99% of the time .

Had a nice job today with the gutter vac with gutters filled with sludge and a few big wet clumps and it worked very well ?

If you have more trouble with clumps whilst it's dry, give it a spray with your WFP and let it soak for a few minutes and come back to it. It'll be a bit easier.

Back