Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting an inline TDS meter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you are running a system with 1/2 inch hose or 15mm Speedfit like the OP then dropping down in bore size for the TDS meter is an unnecessary restriction. Like the photo above. Aim of the game is water in and water out as quick as possible. Don’t put restrictions in the way. 
That’s what I’m wondering. I bought an in-line meter with 1/4 T-peice but my pipes are 1/2 inch.  Only intending to fit it to the pipe coming out of the ro cos I don’t want to restrict water into the ro in any way, but will 1/4 inch be sufficient bore to get the water thru? Producing a litre in around 20 seconds. What you think?

That’s what I’m wondering. I bought an in-line meter with 1/4 T-peice but my pipes are 1/2 inch.  Only intending to fit it to the pipe coming out of the ro cos I don’t want to restrict water into the ro in any way, but will 1/4 inch be sufficient bore to get the water thru? Producing a litre in around 20 seconds. What you think?
You would not fit it going into RO. If you look at the previous posts it’s all been explained where the inline TDS meter goes. 

You would not fit it going into RO. If you look at the previous posts it’s all been explained where the inline TDS meter goes. 
Ok. As I said I’m putting it after the RO. Mine is a dual probe one. I thought it may have been one in , one out but probs one either side of DI instead. 

Ok. As I said I’m putting it after the RO. Mine is a dual probe one. I thought it may have been one in , one out but probs one either side of DI instead. 
You need a probe coming out of the DI vessel then you can check that the water coming out, and going into the tank is 0 TDS. My is a two probe, not like the one in the previous post. 

You need a probe coming out of the DI vessel then you can check that the water coming out, and going into the tank is 0 TDS. My is a two probe, not like the one in the previous post. 
Yep. I only have a DI in the van tho. But as my RO produces 004ppm I’m not too concerned. 

Phone @doug atkinson at Daqua @Rickadoo and ask him to source some Murlock 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/4" reducing T pieces. He has them listed on his site but they are shown as out of stock.

You will also need 2 x 1/2" to 1/2" tube to hose stem fittings.

Back