Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting immersion heater

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have an 2kw immersion heater fitted to my tank, the Only thing I have noticed is snails trails clean quicker and hose is more manageable apart From that no different to cold water, only bonus it acts as a radiator to stop the contents of the back of the van freezing in sub zero temps I only use it on the really cold days maybe 6 to 12 days a year.
I always used a oil filled radiator in sub zero temperature the immersion does the same job but with added benefit of hot water.

You know yourself after cleaning many pvc doors with cold water that the hot water statement is complete nonsense.

I have an 2kw immersion heater fitted to my tank, the Only thing I have noticed is snails trails clean quicker and hose is more manageable apart From that no different to cold water, only bonus it acts as a radiator to stop the contents of the back of the van freezing in sub zero temps I only use it on the really cold days maybe 6 to 12 days a year.
I always used a oil filled radiator in sub zero temperature the immersion does the same job but with added benefit of hot water.

You know yourself after cleaning many pvc doors with cold water that the hot water statement is complete nonsense.
If its nonsense then why use hot if its more expensive.

I don't really want to get into this hot versus cold water debate tbh.

In cold weather, hot water leaves my diesel heater at 55 degrees C on my setting. By the time it gets to my brush head, it is hardly lukewarm. On icy days, there might be a little 'steam' (better to call it condensation) coming from the water as it leaves the brush, but it's not hot. When used with pencil jets, the water seems warmer, but if I swap over to fan jets, the water seems cooler.

It reminds me of us being able to see our breath on a cold day.

Cold air causes the warm moisture in our breath to condense into tiny droplets of water that appear like a small, misty cloud.
Many people think seeing your breath has everything to do with temperature, but the spectacle has just as much to do with the amount of moisture in the atmosphere.

Because our bodies contain nearly 70% water, the air in our lungs is almost completely saturated with water vapour (water in gas form) and is the same temperature as our bodies (98.6oF, 37 C). Cold air cannot hold as much moisture as warm air. So when one exhales a warm, saturated breath on a cold day, the cold air rapidly lowers the temperature of our breath, whereupon the combination briefly reaches dew point. At dew point, air can no longer hold water vapour; when air is cooled beyond dew point water vapour turns to liquid form, the physical process known as condensation. It is this liquid form of your breath – minuscule droplets of water – that creates the fleeting, misty cloud we see when breathing in cold weather.

Snail trails are slightly easier to remove with warm water, but our water isn't hot enough to quickly remove those wax deposits we seem to get a lot of in our area. For me, the advantage of warm water is that our hoses are much more manageable.

I appreciate that some do have the ability to run their water hotter than I run mine, but I don't believe heating that water up another 10 degrees is going to be the proverbial game changer.

I'm not sure if there is a Mpemba effect, with warm water freezing quicker than cold, as no one has proved or disproved this either way. (Did the USA actually go to the moon in 1969? :giggle: ). But the only time I have ever had water freeze in my hose was when I was using 'hot' and stopped to talk to the boss of the commercial property I was cleaning for a few moments. I was surprised how quickly the water froze and wondered if it would have also happened if I was using cold water that day. The coiled hose still on the reel was warm, so it thawed the hose quickly when coiled back up, and I was able to use the hose on the next clean.

Its a no brainer using hot water. How can you clean a pvc doors with cold water.

the Above statement you stated is absolUte nonsense.

I really don’t believe for one second I’m the only person on here that thinks this is nonsense.
I like squeaky clean Dave’s videos usually, however the claim he reckons he earns between £40-£50 per day extra using hot I don’t believe for a second.
I only use hot when it gets really icy. I don’t start miraculously earning an extra bullseye a day ??‍?

Totally agree Steve ? extra cold weather is why I use hot water… if it earned made me a lot more money the day quicker for a few quid more I would use it daily, so glad I didn’t go out and spend £xxxx on a diesel system when the immersion heater on rare occasions does the single thing I want it to do.

Totally agree Steve ? extra cold weather is why I use hot water… if it earned made me a lot more money the day quicker for a few quid more I would use it daily, so glad I didn’t go out and spend £xxxx on a diesel system when the immersion heater on rare occasions does the single thing I want it to do.
I did spend £'sss and I don't need you to rub it in :eek:

I like squeaky clean Dave’s videos usually, however the claim he reckons he earns between £40-£50 per day extra using hot I don’t believe for a second.
I only use hot when it gets really icy. I don’t start miraculously earning an extra bullseye a day ??‍?
This constant use of an analogy comparing maintenance cleans on windows to washing plates that have had food on is ridiculous. You need to remove more stuff of a plate in one wash as you have to clean off a similar sized window in 2 years or more.

Think it depends on the work you are doing if very salty costal stuff then yes it will easily earn you far more than that in saved time , and also first cleans on bigger commercial that are filthy it’s well worth using , we use it all the time I wouldn’t if I didn’t think it wasn’t worth it , I had to go back to cold last year for a couple of weeks when the boiler packed up , and didn’t get the same amount of work done per day as using hot , the water is thicker when cold and moves slower when rinsing and it doesn’t dissolve the dirt as fast , and it takes more scrubbing , that’s what I have found .

Think it depends on the work you are doing if very salty costal stuff then yes it will easily earn you far more than that in saved time , and also first cleans on bigger commercial that are filthy it’s well worth using , we use it all the time I wouldn’t if I didn’t think it wasn’t worth it , I had to go back to cold last year for a couple of weeks when the boiler packed up , and didn’t get the same amount of work done per day as using hot , the water is thicker when cold and moves slower when rinsing and it doesn’t dissolve the dirt as fast , and it takes more scrubbing , that’s what I have found .
Well I don’t find it much quicker.

As for ‘doing salty coastal stuff’, Dave is from Birmingham ?‍♂️

All my work is inland no sea salt here to wood about or seagull poo lol used to do a couple of houseboats on the river crouch but too much aggro to get to them.

This constant use of an analogy comparing maintenance cleans on windows to washing plates that have had food on is ridiculous. You need to remove more stuff of a plate in one wash as you have to clean off a similar sized window in 2 years or more.
You can now use Fairy washing-up liquid with cold water, I wonder which member will be stocking up on it as a degreaser :unsure:

Latest Posts

Back