Flow Control

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Belfastcleaning, Aug 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I had been wasting time and water using a microbore tap as my only flow control.. Decided to purchased a few of these http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info%5fFIT%5fFLOW%5fVLV%5fPUSH%2ehtml
    And I must say they are great, easy to hold in your hand with the pole.. No more setting pole down to go to microbore tap to turn off etc..I had wanted an aqua adapter, but thought it was as much effort to reach to pull hose as reaching to turn this wee tap

Advertisement
  2. Good idea, I'm not a fan of the aqua dapter still have it in the garage.

I now have the tap on the end of my hose reel attached to my unger belt velcro system. Got the idea from someone on here. I can now turn the water off quicker and easier than with the aqua dapter on. Plus already had the belt so didn't need to buy anything.

3. garyboy

garyboy Well-Known Member

Yeah i have one of those on hose

4. Belfastcleaning

I have the same tap on the end of my hose, and I also tried attaching it to my pouch and belt.. But it felt real heavy dragging behind with the weight of the micro hose and that tap itself is heavy, also having it stuck to me was annoying.. But these wee flow valve fit on the pole hose, and are very light compared to the microbore tap, you don't even notice it in your hand and it's just a quick turn for on/off..

Just seen them in eBay for a little cheaper

5. Maybe it was you that I got the idea from???

6. Belfastcleaning

Maybe? Lol.. Before I was going to buy the proper holster for that tap to go on the belt, but it just feels heavy on your side so decided t would been a waste of money.. I also was trying the kink idea between the windows, but that was a nuisance too lol

7. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Belfast, i've just received my CLX 27 today with the flow valve pre fitted. I'm curious as to what end of the hose this should be?? Its been fitted approx 5Ft from the EZ Snap tail connector. I don't why but I had the impression the flow valve would be needed nearer to the other end of the hose (near ur hands when using the pole) for quick use.

Where abouts have you fitted yours mate?

8. mark m

mark m Hero

when the pole is extended then the tap will be close to your hands . i think having them prefitted is waste of time as you might as well use the tap at the end of your micobore when they are not extended

9. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Yeah i hear what your saying actualy. I'm a complete newb and didnt take into account that the pole will be extended 30ft! :wacko: :rolleyes: Ahhwell

Great service though. Was delivered really fast!!

Advertisement