Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ford Tourneo Connect

WCF

Help Support WCF:

newbiebarry

Hi all

Lots of great info on here. I was wondering if anyone here has a Tourneo Connect they use for cleaning? I want to use mine as a work vehicle during the week and family vehicle at the weekend (me + 2 kids). Any feedback would be appreciated.

Barry

First thing to consider is the vehicle payload. Then add up your kids weight and yours plus a full tank of fuel and take that off the payload figure. That number gives you what you can add i.e. tank and water, pole, leisure battery, reel etc.
Bare in mind that if you have your kids in the car and you want a water tank it must be secured through the floor with spreader plates and a very good frame. To be honest you should secure the tank safely no matter if your kids are in it or not.

The people carrier version of the van usually has softer springs to make the ride more comfortable. Softer suspension means lower payload. Many years ago (20 years), I worked on the commercial side of Citroën. The Multispace was built on the Berlingo van chassis. The van had a payload of 600 or 800kgs, depending on the model, where the Multispace had a payload of 450kgs.

Once you start with a rear seat, you don't have much room for a wfp setup at the back. As @ched999uk says, safety of family is paramount. IMHO, this isn't something to consider. Another thing is that no matter how careful you are, you will get water leaks. Damp/wet carpets don't dry easily, especially the sound deadening material underneath the carpet, and the inside of your car will stink.

I would consider a trailer system before doing what you are asking about. Using a trailer is way down the bottom of my list, as I've gone that route in the beginning, and it was difficult.

Basically, you need a dedicated wfp van. Sorry.

The bigger vans, such as the Citroën Relay have 3 seats up front. I would fit a factory bulkhead and have a crash tested system fitted by a qualified fitter. I would get rid of the Ford.

Last edited:
The bigger vans, such as the Citroën Relay have 3 seats up front. I would fit a factory bulkhead and have a crash tested system fitted by a qualified fitter. I would get rid of the Ford.
The Peugeot Partner, Citroen Berlingo, etc have 3 seats up front depending on the model. They are a bit of a squeeze for adults but would be perfect for kids plus some of the vans have over 1000kg payload.

The Peugeot Partner, Citroen Berlingo, etc have 3 seats up front depending on the model. They are a bit of a squeeze for adults but would be perfect for kids plus some of the vans have over 1000kg payload.
If the kids are small then he could get away with a smaller van with three seats in the front. But he would still need to get shot of his current vehicle.
(I saw 3 adults in the front of a Berlingo van recently. The police would have pulled him over had they seen this as there is no way that driver was in full control of his vehicle.)

Unfortunately going wfp requires a large financial outlay as you know. They refer to it as an investment. Many sacrifices have to be made in the beginning.
The fact that it's him and 2 kids over weekends tells me that he most probably has other commitments such as child support. If this is correct, then go wfp is even more difficult.

Last edited:
Who was the windie who tried to fit a tank into a Citroen Xsara Picasso? That vehicle's rear seat was split into 2 sections. He got rid of the double section and kept just the single seat.
He was going to get an L shaped tank especially made
Never heard anything after that, but I would imagine that payload and water spillage would again have been an issue, especially payload.

(I saw 3 adults in the front of a Berlingo van recently. The police would have pulled him over had they seen this as there is no way that driver was in full control of his vehicle.)
I have had 2 passengers in my van (end of day and virtually zero pure) and it was a squeeze but I didn't have a control problem, they had a bit of a space issue 🤣 I guess it depends on how big the passengers are :)

You are right though, working from a car is difficult and time consuming let alone so difficult to keep dry.

Latest Posts

Back