Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fragranced surfactant / odour masker

WCF

Help Support WCF:

K in Kent

Vendor
Hello to you all, I just wanted to make you aware of what was for me a completely new product and one I'd never heard of before - and it's good!
It's called Fragranced Suds Softwash Surfactant and sold by Jennychen - a Kent based company - and costs £26.50 / 5 litres.
As a surfactant it is pretty good but it is the hypo masking that impressed me. It comes in various flavours and I got the Spring Fresh. I can't say I noticed much acrual fragrance, but that's the point - there was no smell at all. First time I used it was for a roof and I used 50 litres of hypo that day and there was not even a hint of hypo all day.. The guy working with me agreed and I had pre-warned my customers that there wuld be a chemical odour and they didn't notice anything either.
I've used it again since several times in smaller quantities with a pump sprayer and again no hypo smell.

I've tried various scent maskers in the past and gave up with them because all they do isproduce slightly sweeter melling hypo which still has that unmistakable chloriine smell. This company is local to me and as I was going there anyway dor some hypo I thought I'd try it out and glad I did.
At £26.50 for 5 litres it's also reasonably priced compared to, for example, Clever scent which costs nearly double that for 5 litres and sells on Ebay at £28 for one litre!!
Jennychem also does a 20 litre for £98.
Anyway, thought it might be of interest to some of you and thought it was worth a post about it because it was so effective - for a change a product that does actually do what it says on the tin ( to use that terribly overused cliche phrase!)

How much do you put into a neat drum of hypo 300 ml ? Same as other surfactants ? Does it cling well to walls ? Just read the sellers description of it and it doesn’t specifically say it can be added to bleach like other brands can . Doesn’t say whether it can be added to neat drum of bleach or each mix of diluted bleach . Just wondered if it will kill a drum of neat bleach if it’s added and not all used ? The ones we use ( laurel dimethylamine oxide ) is approved fir bleach and won’t kill the drum of bleach if you don’t use it all , it’s not however a scent mask just a surfactant

Last edited:
Reminds me i once had this old guy custie he kept warning me,dont ever walk the lean-to roof at the back of my house its very slippery ,so i didnt just used a pole altho it was awkward so on the next clean i put a ladder up to the lean to and climbed up was planning to use a shorter pole but then i noticed a terrible reek! the lean to gutter was full to the brim with his doings! that dirty sod had been tipping out a full commode onto the lean to roof!

Reminds me i once had this old guy custie he kept warning me,dont ever walk the lean-to roof at the back of my house its very slippery ,so i didnt just used a pole altho it was awkward so on the next clean i put a ladder up to the lean to and climbed up was planning to use a shorter pole but then i noticed a terrible reek! the lean to gutter was full to the brim with his doings! that dirty sod had been tipping out a full commode onto the lean to roof!
What has that to do with with this post 😂😂😂

How much do you put into a neat drum of hypo 300 ml ? Same as other surfactants ? Does it cling well to walls ? Just read the sellers description of it and it doesn’t specifically say it can be added to bleach like other brands can . Doesn’t say whether it can be added to neat drum of bleach or each mix of diluted bleach . Just wondered if it will kill a drum of neat bleach if it’s added and not all used ? The ones we use ( laurel dimethylamine oxide ) is approved fir bleach and won’t kill the drum of bleach if you don’t use it all , it’s not however a scent mask just a surfactant
Paul, you're too thorough for me mate. I haven't tried it on walls but from what I've seen of it is pretty good as a surfactant - BUT - for purely surfactant related purposes only you can't beat what you're already using.
I was advocating it for the effectiveness of the odour masking side of things. Because as we both know the strong smell of chlorine can sometimes start getting customers, neighbours, passers by etc rather agitated.
As for its wxact usage and mixing qualities there is some conflicting info / instructions between the website and actual product label. I'll have another look at the label on the tub tomorrow and update you....but regardless, it's still a decent odour masker

Sounds goo
Paul, you're too thorough for me mate. I haven't tried it on walls but from what I've seen of it is pretty good as a surfactant - BUT - for purely surfactant related purposes only you can't beat what you're already using.
I was advocating it for the effectiveness of the odour masking side of things. Because as we both know the strong smell of chlorine can sometimes start getting customers, neighbours, passers by etc rather agitated.
As for its wxact usage and mixing qualities there is some conflicting info / instructions between the website and actual product label. I'll have another look at the label on the tub tomorrow and update you....but regardless, it's still a decent odour masker

Sounds good I could do with an odour suppressant but just afraid to use that and a surfactant in case it ends up like a foam party 😂😂😂

Latest Posts

Back