Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best gloves to use? Water and wind proof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Hello,

We've spent a chilly and wet second winter struggling to find a good pair of gloves for wfp work. None that we've bought have lasted a few weeks before they've worn down and lost their water and wind proof promise.

Can't find any recommendations online either.

Which gloves do you use that you'd recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Jo

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been wearing Showa 377 gloves with a pair of nitrile gloves under them this winter. Wearing the Showa gloves on their own does make your hands pong.

I've been using Showa 460 for the last few months. I tend to only wear them for the first hour or so until it warms up a bit. I leave them on a radiator over night and they're nice and toasty in the morning.

6c9cfce8fa3dd2335780f29305f68267.jpg

3296da4e19819abe8c97e0158cde0d1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I guarantee you if you get a pair of goretex skiing gloves you will not get wet or cold they will last for at least 1 year maybe 2 prepare to pay £50.

Wonder Grip Gloves www.chemicalproducts.net/shop/gloves-and-ppe/page5 GO TO PAGE 5 The 2 tone blue are a thinner pair and have 2 layers of latex fully coated and have served me well for a few months at £2.50 ex vat .

The orange and black thermal pair aren't quite as good as they only have a single layer of latex fully coated and less durable regarding hose handling at £4.20 ex vat .

I wear Berghaus glove liners when wearing both pairs of gloves above .

Both good value for the money although not fully wind proof it all depends on just how good you really need them to be , This next winter i will really need to find a real good quality pair of gloves that will with stand hose handling and ensure my hands don't get cold as i have nerve damage affecting my hands and even with 2 pairs of thermal gloves my fingers go ice cold .

I bought some unger from soap national online, bit gutted because I like their online store but they lasted a week, £20 too and that was that , should of complained but I got a load of £1 pair of mechanic gloves (half waterproof) palm and finger tips, from b&m stores which are ok for an hour or so then get sopping but for a pound !! Buy 10 of them and slip a new pair on as needed? , they handle the washing machine too , been thru 25+ times now and still good to use

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I rarely use gloves but i do have a box of the blue nitrile medical/mechanics type gloves £100 for a couple of quid

They are throwaway and just thin rubber but i find keeping my hands dry is what keeps them warm

I bought some unger from soap national online, bit gutted because I like their online store but they lasted a week, £20 too and that was that , should of complained but I got a load of £1 pair of mechanic gloves (half waterproof) palm and finger tips, from b&m stores which are ok for an hour or so then get sopping but for a pound !! Buy 10 of them and slip a new pair on as needed? , they handle the washing machine too , been thru 25+ times now and still good to use
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

So about as waterproof and as much use as a pair off open toe sandals no good through a UK autumn and winter /emoticons/smile.png)

I've tried quite a few of these products. If you spend £20 on unger gloves, then snag them on a thorn bush or nail etc, they are obviously no longer waterproof.

I personally just buy the grey marigolds (£2) and wear the cheap glove liners. These are handy as you can get thin ones for mild weather and thicker ones when its icy.

The grey marigolds are slightly thicker than standard marigolds so don't rip up like latex gloves

Latest Posts

Back