Fronts Only

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Sep 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Picking up a lot of work lately and most of it is just fronts only...

Some people just want the fronts cleaning also some people have the garage to get through the back so ill only clean the back if their home so they can let me through

If i charge £7.00 i just charge £4.00 for fronts only and it saves me more time messing with the hose reel plus it takes like 5 mins... i actually love doing fronts but 10% off my work is now fronts only which is decent

Who else likes doing fronts only ?

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i dont do nuffen under a £5er any more even if it 2 windows

3. harunh

harunh Legend

my minimum charge is £4.00 and some fronts take me like 3/4 mins lol

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i c u point m8 but to me its seems when u go to colect money £4 seems cheep as disel an time running around an all that £5 seem wrth the hassel i have a cuppl,e £3 fronts 3 windows takes no time at all but when u driving around colecting £3 seems not wrth it so thats y now £5 min charge

5. johnny bravo

ask yourself, would you pay what you charge

6. Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes Well-Known Member

£5 min here even if 2 windows, remember you have a costs work those out and you and see what your making

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

H seems to me more of a numbers merchant and is not that bothered about profit as at the end of the day he just wants a steady wage comming in each month. Which upto a point I can't blame him charging what he does.

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Aye I agree with smurf .
    H is just interested in how many customers he has and not the value of each one .
    He has 338 customers but his round is probably made up of £4 fronts upto an average of £7 for a whole house
    Whereas my round is smaller but I don't do anything less then £8 now and soon it will be I won't take anything less than £10 .
    I think H should read the winning at window cleaning book and get a better idea of how to run a business rather than just cleaning windows .

But ya can't knock the guy for trying .

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Smurf my prices are spot on ! im not low priced mate .... my area up north is cheap as people do 2bedroom houses for £5.00 wfp i charge like £6.00 :)

And the fronts i clean for £4.00 are worth it ! WHY IS IT WORTH IT ? cos it takes me about 5 mins to do ! Cleaning fronts is better money then cleanign the full house

3 average £7.00 houses in 1 hour = £21.00

6-8 fronts only per hour = £24.00 - £32.00

i clean this girls fronts only and it takes me like 3 mins to clean..... and i charge her £4.00 i went to collect the money once and her neighbour was sat out the front she goes how muchs he charge u ? she goes 4 kwid she goes bluddy hell ! 4 kwid ! i get my whole house done for 4 quid !

the girls didnt say nothing and shes always a good payer and a pretty canny lass aswell

but £4.00 is my minimum charge regardless :)

and Gav my value is spot on mate im happy with my prices and so is the customer and thats the main thing :) i know i can charge more and earn more and do less work but i want to be fairly priced thats all :) if i was up your way i would probs be averaging about £15.00 a house mate :p

Ive now got 348 customers !

Once i hit 400 customers my round will be worth over £3000 which is very good :D

need 50 more customers and ill be happy !

Once i hit 400 customers my aim is to get 800 customers with a 2man setup taking £6000 - £7000 per month :)

Just work on your numbers and how much u wanna earn per month its no good earning 40 quid an hour.... and only doing a few hours of it ...

U got to have a high monthly income constantly ticking over... the hard part about this is cleaning all them windows which u can get sick off.. especially in the winter but i just think about the money and it motivates me :)

ive picked up 10 customers in the past 7 days ! This week i got like 30 new first cleans to do aswell so its going to be a hard week for me !

10. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

U must be putting some hours in to be doing all these customers h.

I think u should get someone to help you before winter hits.

You wouldn't want to be losing customers cause your behind.

Advertisement