Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Poles Not Available?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vito61

I've just been shopping on the Gardiner site for a new SLX 22 pole and, along with many other options, showing out of stock. Anyone with any info?

My lad wanted one not in stock till end of the month so he’s dug out an old clx, might be down to the nutcases in the Red Sea sending boats the long way around

I've just been shopping on the Gardiner site for a new SLX 22 pole and, along with many other options, showing out of stock. Anyone with any info?
I saw this a few days ago mate @vito61 . Most say either out of stock, or out of stock with an expected restock date. I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to the volume of new starters this year. It always happens with more people starting up in the spring/early summer, but this year it has gone mad with new starters. Gardiner are very good and usually very quick to reply if you send them an email with a query.

Contact Gardiner support would be the best option
^^^^.
We live in a world where stocks of items aren't always guaranteed to be immediately available. This was especially evident during and after the Covid aftermath. Toilet paper was a prime example.

Having taken on the weekly grocery shop for some time now, we can't always expect exactly what we want to be available on the shelf at that moment in time we are shopping. If the exact item we need isn't available, then we have 4 choices.

1. Ask one of the staff if there is any stock out the back waiting to be put on the shelves.
2. Find a suitable substitute.
3. Go to another shop.
4. Go without until the next shopping week.

Often, if we maintain our equipment properly, we can identify when a future failure is likely to happen and take action before it does happen. I noticed that the walls of my top section on my SLX22 were getting thin and felt spongy when pressed. That section would last for a bit longer if used carefully, but I would order a replacement pole asap. If there was no stock, then I could wait a bit. I could and did experience this personally. I opted to not extend the top section on most of my daily work to extend the life of that pole.
That pole is now a back-up on the van with an old CLX22 top section.

Just a couple of days ago, I thoroughly inspected and pressed the top section of my SLX27 to check for wear. I appreciate breakages do happen due to accidents and unforeseen circumstances, but forward planning does save many issues 'stopping play'. It's referred to as preventative maintenance @vito61 .
Currently, our Shurflo pumps are around 17 years old. I do have a spare pump available when one does eventually fail, as well as a spare controller. (That pump has been in stock for many years, so before fitting it, I will open the motor up and check the carbon brushes haven't stuck in their holders due to corrosion.)

We have a good stock of r/o prefilters. I have one more refill of resin available in stock at home for my 6 litre DI vessel. The moment that is used, then I will plan a replacement of that. (I replace the resin in my DI vessel about once a year, so I will order a replacement bag 6 months after I use the last lot. Just add the instruction to my calendar on my phone.) This did also happen to me. Daqua were out of stock for months, but I was able to wait for their next shipment to arrive. I waited about 4 months before a bag of resin arrived. No problem.

There is a note on the SLX22 page of Gardiner's website that the pole will be back in stock at the end of June, so not long to go. In my experience, it will probably be before the end of June. So I would contact them first. You could also ask them to email you when they come back into stock.

Last edited:
I’ve had this problem & it was my Google browser on my phone.
Try using a different browser or use a computer instead of a phone.
Hope this helps.👍

Hi
Have checked & they are actually out of stock till end of month.I was getting this when things were actually in stock a few weeks ago.

Back