Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner rinse-bar users

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Racing car drivers find the limits of their cars by pushing their boundaries to the limit of loss of adhesion. If they didn't do that they wouldn't know how hard they can push.

I have done kart racing on and off for the last 15 years : )   Generally competition drives you to go faster and brake later, you learn to go quicker by copying what works off other drivers and following their lines, you then work out where you are quicker than them to go even faster.  Great sport, recommend it to anyone who is looking for an adrenaline fix coupled with a hobby of tinkering with the engines, mechanical side of it in between the race meetings.

With the office cleaning I have done over the last 20 years, well I'd get a key job and with these jobs generally you can go when you're done.  I'd aim to do it in half the paid time and work out how I can work to the that time without getting complaints.  I think I will adopt a similar approach to the window cleaning, whereby you set yourself a time limit per pane of glass, this then ensures that the job is completed within a certain time frame.

Things like the rinse bar are definitely worth having though if it means saving time/ effort to do the same job.

I have done kart racing on and off for the last 15 years : )   Generally competition drives you to go faster and brake later, you learn to go quicker by copying what works off other drivers and following their lines, you then work out where you are quicker than them to go even faster.  Great sport, recommend it to anyone who is looking for an adrenaline fix coupled with a hobby of tinkering with the engines, mechanical side of it in between the race meetings.

With the office cleaning I have done over the last 20 years, well I'd get a key job and with these jobs generally you can go when you're done.  I'd aim to do it in half the paid time and work out how I can work to the that time without getting complaints.  I think I will adopt a similar approach to the window cleaning, whereby you set yourself a time limit per pane of glass, this then ensures that the job is completed within a certain time frame.

Things like the rinse bar are definitely worth having though if it means saving time/ effort to do the same job.

I had a go in a racing go-kart when I was a youngster (late teenager). I only did it once but I just kept spinning it around. I blamed the accelerator being too sensative. ?

It wasn't that I didn't have driving experience as I owned my own car and had been driving for a couple of years. I had also towed an 18' caravan a 1000 miles down through South Africa and back at 17 years of age and knew how to turn into a sway to correct it.

I did promise myself that I would have a go another time to try to get the hang of it but it just never happened. The years have gone by so quickly. I very much doubt I could get into a cart these days. If I could I certainly would have to be hoisted or craned out. ?

If it was the indoor karts then they are often on a slippery surface with rock hard tyres so very little grip.  There is a knack to driving a kart compared to a car, it's certainly not as easy as it looks.  There are racers who start in their 50's though and some are of the heavier type, full breakfast before they start the days racing  : )   Think the oldest I have raced against was in his early 70's, used to race with a number 68 and apparently that was the age he started, ha ha.  

If it was the indoor karts then they are often on a slippery surface with rock hard tyres so very little grip.  There is a knack to driving a kart compared to a car, it's certainly not as easy as it looks.  There are racers who start in their 50's though and some are of the heavier type, full breakfast before they start the days racing  : )   Think the oldest I have raced against was in his early 70's, used to race with a number 68 and apparently that was the age he started, ha ha.  

Interesting.

We didn't have indoor go cart tracks in Africa. ? It was on a track used for racing outdoors. I learnt that it wasn't easy after I got in expecting it to be a 'piece of cake.' It was a rude awakening.

For us being on the north east coast we are best with 2 passes and rinsing with a brush off the glass. We also need a reasonable water flow, 5 on our digital Varistreams.

This was before the advent of rinse bars. I do have a rinse bar on one of my brushes and like it that it gives a much better rinse-water spread across the glass. I appear to work quicker with it but still find myself rinsing off the glass due to the amount of grit on the windows.

I have found that a rinse bar does work better with velux windows.

What rinse bar did you opt for spruce ? 

What rinse bar did you opt for spruce ? 
The low pressure - microjet rince bar with the standard width of 26cm.

I have it with a swivel. Its the Quick-loq angled swivel brush socket adapter. I have also retained the 2mm standard jets in the brush head if I want to revert back.

I use the 30 degree Quick-loq brush socket on another brush so I can swop to a fixed brush head when I know I need that option. The fixed brush head has standard 2mm jets.

I bought an overspray fan jet rinse bar and used it on the school clean we did last summer. I quite liked its operation but it didn't work so well on residential cleans. I will definitely try the rinsebar when we do the school clean again this summer.

Back