Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner slx 22 or Gardiner slx 25

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gardiner slx 22 or Gardiner slx 25 for 2 storey house and 3 storey house which is the best to be on the safe side
Personally, I would go SLX27. I'm short and have found I can reach much more with my SLX27 than with my SLX22. My son is much taller than myself and can easily reach what I can with his SLX25.
The SLX27 has a shorter closed length than the SLX25 as it has an extra section.

My daughter has one of these new semis with the main en-suit bedroom built into the loft space. I can reach the 3rd story with my SLX27 where before I had to get out my SLX40 to reach that window. My son can reach that window with his SLX25, but I can't when using his pole.

If weight is a consideration, then go for a lighter brush.

I'm 5'10" and use a 25. With it I can reach everything on my round including the few three story properties I clean some with quite large conservatories. If I didn't have the latter I would favour the 22 due to it's lighter weight and shorter collapsed length. I can even do some three story work with it as long as they either don't have connys or have only small ones. The only 27 I've owned was a CL-X and it was far too bendy at full reach for my liking. Can't speak for the SL-X27 though. As Spruce says it may be a good option for you as you get the shorter collapsed length (like the 22) and the extra 2' for working at height, and it's surprising how much more you can do with an extra two or three feet at height.

I would say an SLX27. I find that I can reach over conservatories or extensions and the odd Victorian 3 story. It also has a shorter collapsed length which is handy to fit in vehicles but also where you have restricted space - like side pathways or sides of connys.
It is a little heavier than an slx25 and a slightly larger diameter but I have probably about 10% of my jobs that I couldn't reach with a 25ft pole.

Back