Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

35cm brush - 2 jets or 4?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So my first day with the 35cm Extreme sill brush went well. It covers windows a fair bit quicker than the 26cm brushes. It is light on the pole which does effect the flex on the clx18, by that I mean I have got used to the sideways sway of the 26cm Flocked sill @ 235gms so I could be quite quick and accurate side to side. The Extreme sill is less weighty so it doesn't make the pole flex as much side to side so that's an adjustment for me. I like the 4 x 1.5mm jets but again it's an adjustment as I'm not used to exactly where they are on the brush, so to rinse the odd spec of dirt it takes a fraction longer to aim the jet - no big deal.
I'm not sure on the water flow from the 4 x 1.5mm jets - on the one hand it gives a nice spread on the other hand it needs a bit more of a rinse for some dirty particles. Maybe I need to up the flow a bit (on 66 but that's DI after the pump).

I liked the scrubbing power of the brush but it doesn't splay as much as my 23cm supreme tapertec so not quite as good in reveal corners.

Overall, I like it, I think it will make most windows quicker. Will give it more of a test tomorrow.
@ched999uk sounds like you've got a good idea of how it's going to be for you already. I think they just take a bit of getting used to - I watched a Squeaky Clean Dave video on YouTube and he said he wouldn't switch back from a 35cm brush now he's got used to it. I know exactly what you mean by the sway on the CLX. I have that and an SLX I've just replaced, and although I use the SLX mostly, I kind of like the flex and swiping motion you can get with the CLX. It's probably an acquired taste but I quite like the flex and 'whip' effect the pole has on the brush - for a start I think it helps put a bit of extra pressure on the brush against the window (although it's a bit too bendy for me trying to get angles over conservatories sometimes ?).

@ched999uk sounds like you've got a good idea of how it's going to be for you already. I think they just take a bit of getting used to - I watched a Squeaky Clean Dave video on YouTube and he said he wouldn't switch back from a 35cm brush now he's got used to it. I know exactly what you mean by the sway on the CLX. I have that and an SLX I've just replaced, and although I use the SLX mostly, I kind of like the flex and swiping motion you can get with the CLX. It's probably an acquired taste but I quite like the flex and 'whip' effect the pole has on the brush - for a start I think it helps put a bit of extra pressure on the brush against the window (although it's a bit too bendy for me trying to get angles over conservatories sometimes ?).
It's was quite funny today, as when I was using it I was thinking I said I would reply to you how I got on. So I was way more analysing what I was doing and how it was working which was quite helpful for me :) I know what you mean about the clx wippy effect helping in some cases. Over conny I use my slx27 so a lot less whippy :)
Cheers

It's was quite funny today, as when I was using it I was thinking I said I would reply to you how I got on. So I was way more analysing what I was doing and how it was working which was quite helpful for me :) I know what you mean about the clx wippy effect helping in some cases. Over conny I use my slx27 so a lot less whippy :)
Cheers
Lol I know what you mean, it's very easy to over analyse. It helps in the longer term though because you do work out what does and doesn't work for you ?

Lol I know what you mean, it's very easy to over analyse. It helps in the longer term though because you do work out what does and doesn't work for you ?
Another day today and I'm finding it quite good but it needs a bit of pressure to get decent splay. I also did an unexpected first clean with it today, really green upstairs sills and it worked well. The dupont are great at scrubbing.

Another day today and I'm finding it quite good but it needs a bit of pressure to get decent splay. I also did an unexpected first clean with it today, really green upstairs sills and it worked well. The dupont are great at scrubbing.
Sounds like the Dupont helped a lot with that first clean. I have tried the more medium type brushes before (I like the Ultimate medium-soft for first cleans if the frames etc are green) and I completely agree they definitely need a bit of pressure to splay out properly - I think that's why I like the flocked brushes so much.

Sounds like the Dupont helped a lot with that first clean. I have tried the more medium type brushes before (I like the Ultimate medium-soft for first cleans if the frames etc are green) and I completely agree they definitely need a bit of pressure to splay out properly - I think that's why I like the flocked brushes so much.
Yes the dupont helped plus I did spray with some chemicals (HLS UC50/CC50)as I was working on next door anyway so gave them time to soak while I finished the existing custy.
Yes I have 2 flocked brushes that I have been using as my regular brushes - a 26cm flocked sill and a 26cm flocked extreme flocked sill brush that I have been using a decent amount of time. I too noticed the ease of splay when switching back to the flocked extreme sill then back to the 35cm. I hadn't realised that the flocked bristles splayed very easily - it's just what I bought and got used to plus the supreme which I do like as it does most things well, it's even my go to for gsf cleans.

@scottish cleaning service how long do you find they last? I have the smaller flocked sill and although I don't use it all the time it seems to have lasted very well
With I having a Hot water system means I have to run with the Stiff Extreme Sill Brush. Would last me a year but the roughcast damages the ends of my brush. Now I have put some scouring pad on the ends then it should last the year anyway.

Yes the dupont helped plus I did spray with some chemicals (HLS UC50/CC50)as I was working on next door anyway so gave them time to soak while I finished the existing custy.
Yes I have 2 flocked brushes that I have been using as my regular brushes - a 26cm flocked sill and a 26cm flocked extreme flocked sill brush that I have been using a decent amount of time. I too noticed the ease of splay when switching back to the flocked extreme sill then back to the 35cm. I hadn't realised that the flocked bristles splayed very easily - it's just what I bought and got used to plus the supreme which I do like as it does most things well, it's even my go to for gsf cleans
Absolutely it's what you get used to. When I started I had a phoenix brush from wcw. It was red outer and black inner bristles and I liked it very much. Sort of medium feel. Then I bought a flocked supreme and absolutely loved working with it. Tried a medium again a few months later and felt I had to push on the pole to get enough pressure - couldn't believe I'd used one for so long ?. Overall I still like flocked best but sometimes a medium gives you that bit better/quicker scrubbing.

i love flocked my favurt is the 26cm ultmate but im going to order a 35cm extreme flocked to try and my usel 26 flocked as they last a good amount of time i like the stiff supreme the new stiff bristles seem to clean a lot better than the older type ones ive got a extreme 26cm stiff but the bristles are the old type and dont clean salt off the glass properly , does anyone know if the extreme stiff bristles are same as on the supreme as may try stiff 35cm extreme too

i love flocked my favurt is the 26cm ultmate but im going to order a 35cm extreme flocked to try and my usel 26 flocked as they last a good amount of time i like the stiff supreme the new stiff bristles seem to clean a lot better than the older type ones ive got a extreme 26cm stiff but the bristles are the old type and dont clean salt off the glass properly , does anyone know if the extreme stiff bristles are same as on the supreme as may try stiff 35cm extreme too
@tench0771 I have never used a stiff brush before, but I've seen the supreme stiff mentioned on the facebook pages. I would imagine the Xtreme stiff may be a bit firmer as the bristles are shorter than the supreme. Probably worth sending Gardiner a quick email and I'm sure they'll help. I also like the ultimate brushes. I use the medium-soft one and have the flocked one coming shortly as it will be good on leaded windows and I like the bristles are all the same length so no pressure really needed to clean the windows with all the bristles in contact with the glass.

I think you are probably right although 4 x 1.5mm jets have exactly the same area as 2 x 2mm jets. OK so there are more losses in 4 jets due to splitting the flow, pressure differentials and pipe work but I guess there wont be that much in it. I might have a play this weekend to see what my litres per min are on 4, 2 jets and fan jets at same pump speed.
@ched999uk would you let us know pls how it goes, with your litres per minute?

I might do the same, just because I'm worried that with 4 x 1.4mm jets I'll go through more water than the 2 x 2mm. I've only got the 350ltr tank, and topping it up with with the 25 ltr barrels in my small Vauxhall Combo is really not my idea of fun?!

Hope you're all having a good day out there today! It's a windy one in South Wales.

@ched999uk would you let us know pls how it goes, with your litres per minute?

I might do the same, just because I'm worried that with 4 x 1.4mm jets I'll go through more water than the 2 x 2mm. I've only got the 350ltr tank, and topping it up with with the 25 ltr barrels in my small Vauxhall Combo is really not my idea of fun?!

Hope you're all having a good day out there today! It's a windy one in South Wales.
I am fairly certain that due to losses in pipes the flow will be a little less with 4 x 1.5mm jets vs 2 x 2mm jets. I will try and get round to testing.

Latest Posts

Back