Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrading to larger brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ACWC

Up until now I’ve always used 26cm gardiner sill brushes with 2 pencil jets but im thinking of buying a 35cm sill brush with 4 pencil jets.

Firstly, is it worth getting the bigger brush and having the extra jets?

Secondly, when ordering the brush with 4 jets, do gardiner automatically send the correct jet hose for the four jets or do they still send the normal 2 T connector hose?

Up until now I’ve always used 26cm gardiner sill brushes with 2 pencil jets but im thinking of buying a 35cm sill brush with 4 pencil jets.

Firstly, is it worth getting the bigger brush and having the extra jets?

Secondly, when ordering the brush with 4 jets, do gardiner automatically send the correct jet hose for the four jets or do they still send the normal 2 T connector hose?
They send the correct set up, this is a very heavy though

We use Xtreem sill brushes with 4x1.4mm jets
Do you find the extreme brushes last very long? The only thing that’s put me off them is apparently they don’t last long?

Also what is the benefit in your opinion of having the 1.4 instead of the 2mm jets?

I know that fan jets and swivels aren't for everyone but my daughter and I use 35cm Xtreme DuPont/Tapertec hybrid brushes on swivels with just two 100° fans in the outer two holes. Works well for us.
As for longevity, I've been using mine for three years and it still looks decent and does a good job. The end bristles are beginning to thin out a bit though so recon I'll be replacing soon.

I know that fan jets and swivels aren't for everyone but my daughter and I use 35cm Xtreme DuPont/Tapertec hybrid brushes on swivels with just two 100° fans in the outer two holes. Works well for us.
As for longevity, I've been using mine for three years and it still looks decent and does a good job. The end bristles are beginning to thin out a bit though so recon I'll be replacing soon.
3 years for an Xtreme brush!!!

Blimey Mark, are cleaning one house per day ?

The DuPont bristles defo last longer.
have the 35cm dupont extreme and also the normal DuPont 35cm since release I prefer the normal DuPont.
I use 4 x 1.4 pencils but might give the 2 x 100 degree fan jets a try as I sometimes use fan jets on the 26cm extremes.

The 35cm ultimate bushes are not heavy and unless you are on maximum extension on a 30 foot hybrid (I use all day long on my 30 foot phantom carbon) or something along those lines I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 35cm brush

I have various extreme and ultimate brushes but I rarely use the extreme as the ultimate brushes are great and simple physics shows you are going to be much faster as you are covering more glass each pass, once you are used to it I really cannot think of any negatives to using bigger brushes, personally I never use the smaller brushes anymore

edited to add that I use 4 blue pencil jets and find them perfect for me, I find they have good coverage and the flows better then on the black ones whilst not being too wasteful with water

3 years for an Xtreme brush!!!

Blimey Mark, are cleaning one house per day ?
I do 25-30 houses a day on average, 3-4 days a week. I use them for everything with the exception of FSG cleans and some first cleans where the windows and frames are really mouldy. Then I use the Gardiner water through pad first followed by the brush.

I must admit I'm surprised at the short lives most say the get from their Xtreme brushes. I know some do more work in a day and work more days a week than I do, but even so when some say they only get a couple of months out of them I'm baffled. I can only assume that their work is much tougher than mine in some way or they work their tools harder. On my work I don't find that they work any better by pressing down hard on them.

My father always used to say to me, 'When you've got the right tools for the job, let the tools do the work. Don't try and make them do what they weren't designed to do. You'll wear yourself out and destroy your tools.' I've always tried to follow that advise and when I have not done so I have experience the truth of his words.

This may have something to do with my experience with these brushes

I do 25-30 houses a day on average, 3-4 days a week. I use them for everything with the exception of FSG cleans and some first cleans where the windows and frames are really mouldy. Then I use the Gardiner water through pad first followed by the brush.

I must admit I'm surprised at the short lives most say the get from their Xtreme brushes. I know some do more work in a day and work more days a week than I do, but even so when some say they only get a couple of months out of them I'm baffled. I can only assume that their work is much tougher than mine in some way or they work their tools harder. On my work I don't find that they work any better by pressing down hard on them.

My father always used to say to me, 'When you've got the right tools for the job, let the tools do the work. Don't try and make them do what they weren't designed to do. You'll wear yourself out and destroy your tools.' I've always tried to follow that advise and when I have not done so I have experience the truth of his words.

This may have something to do with my experience with these brushes
I use the Xtreme flocked sill brush. Usually get 3 months at best out of them

I wish Gardiners would do a 35cm standard flocked Xtreme. I occasionally use one I've trimmed from an Xtreme flocked sill brush on old leaded windows to good effect but the splay could do with being a little better.

Hi Den, no trimming necessary, the fanned water goes straight between the middle two rows of bristles. I do use it with a swivel though. Not sure I could use fans with a fixed brush

View attachment 28652View attachment 28653

This is my three year old brush
These DuPont bristles defo last longer than the other bristles ? will give it a try with 2x fan jets next week have used 4x 1.2mm since day one so will give the fans a whole week to compare rinse and water usage.

Latest Posts

Back