Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner SLX MKII??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scrubsy

Has anyone else seen the screenshots on Facebook of the SLX mk ii description?

Looks like the SLX is getting upgraded with new clamps etc.

Just wondered if anyone had seen anything about this?

@Iron Giant

Daqua website. See below.

Description also says it's called SLX-II and states "now with new clamping system that prevents worn poles from spinning".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240624-180524.jpg
    Screenshot_20240624-180524.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 2
@Iron Giant

Description also says it's called SLX-II and states "now with new clamping system that prevents worn poles from spinning".
Doesn’t look any different to the ones we have ? I think this photo is from when they changed the clamps years ago ?

@Pjj yes the photos look the same . It definitely says SLX -II and has the new clamp description. You lot have been using Gardiner a lot longer than I have so will know better . If @Alex Gardiner could confirm/elaborate that would be interesting. I love the poles but have thought the clamps could possibly be a bit more user friendly when they need replacing.

@Iron Giant

Gardiners doesn't have an official FB page, also I doubt they've brought any poles to the market otherwise it would be on Gardiners' website under "What's New" and it isn't

@Iron Giant I'm only going off what was on Facebook - and I mean a window cleaning group, not Gardiner's official site. It was just a question if anyone had heard anything. I saw they had mentioned the Daqua site and checked it myself. It definitely says SLX II and has the piece about the new clamps. I've tagged Alex Gardiner in a reply, so hopefully he might be able to shed some light (or not) on the subject. Seemed to coincide with hardly any SLX models being available until later this month. Loads were complaining they couldn't get one.

@Pjj yes the photos look the same . It definitely says SLX -II and has the new clamp description. You lot have been using Gardiner a lot longer than I have so will know better . If @Alex Gardiner could confirm/elaborate that would be interesting. I love the poles but have thought the clamps could possibly be a bit more user friendly when they need replacing.
[/
Doesn’t look any different to the ones we have ? I think this photo is from when they changed the clamps years ago ?
The photo shows the pole exactly the same as the ones I have and ime not sure how old mine are but at least 4-5 years I think . They are the mk 2 version as far as I’m aware they haven’t altered them the leavers and locking mechanisms were altered from the mk1 but no further changes that I know of .

@Pjj fair enough.I've never heard it called an SLX II before, nor have I heard their clamps being described as "preventing worn poles from spinning". All it was was a question. I thought the Daqua fella was on this forum, so maybe he'll be able to confirm.

Has anyone else seen the screenshots on Facebook of the SLX mk ii description?

Looks like the SLX is getting upgraded with new clamps etc.

Just wondered if anyone had seen anything about this?
Like @Pjj has said I would hazard a guess it's just how some websites still refer to the upgraded 2nd generation of clamps etc as a MKII.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240625-093830.jpg
    Screenshot_20240625-093830.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240625-093634.jpg
    Screenshot_20240625-093634.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 0
Nothing to do with fees. I think he got a virus warning once when he came on the site so decided it was best to leave it. OP can email him or give him a ring, though, and he will quickly get back to him.
There's a bit of irony in that because a couple of years ago I went on his site and Kaspersky blocked me warning that it had a virus. I did message him and it was cleared up. Anyway you shouldn't be on here you have that small job to do today :D

I don't know of anything upgrade related. I think the current clamps are fine, so why change them?
If a windie hasn't adjusted his clamps, like my son doesn't do as and when needed, then he needs to build up the worn section with epoxy glue like I did with my son's pole.
I forgot to reply the other day, sorry,

What I meant was I thought you might know what the crack is with Doug as I assumed you kept in touch

I forgot to reply the other day, sorry,

What I meant was I thought you might know what the crack is with Doug as I assumed you kept in touch
Actually I was going to send him a message to see how he is. He has long covid and that can affect some very badly. Kate Garraway's husband was a prime example.
My daughter has it and she is just a 'zombie' most days; no end in sight.

I understand that Doug's daughter is caring for the day to day running of the business, last time I heard.

Actually I was going to send him a message to see how he is. He has long covid and that can affect some very badly. Kate Garraway's husband was a prime example.
My daughter has it and she is just a 'zombie' most days; no end in sight.

I understand that Doug's daughter is caring for the day to day running of the business, last time I heard.
I'm sure if you reach out via [email protected] he'd be glad to hear from you

Back