Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiners green or the re-inforced yellow hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

I need to get some new pole hose as the standard one that my slx came with has split where it goes into the pole at the bottom ( standing it upright at night would have weakened it) Its lasted well, but I was looking at gardiners pole hose and on the site it lists that the reinforced yellow hose (not the all season) is less likely to kink etc ( 2/10 rating) compared to the green (6/10 rating, for cold use) So I just wondered on anyones experiences with these. Ive seen praise over the years for the green, yet not heard much about the reinforced yellow.

I need to get some new pole hose as the standard one that my slx came with has split where it goes into the pole at the bottom ( standing it upright at night would have weakened it) Its lasted well, but I was looking at gardiners pole hose and on the site it lists that the reinforced yellow hose (not the all season) is less likely to kink etc ( 2/10 rating) compared to the green (6/10 rating, for cold use) So I just wondered on anyones experiences with these. Ive seen praise over the years for the green, yet not heard much about the reinforced yellow.
Also does anyone have any reviews for the streamline pole hose? its just that theres a stockist near me so wondered if any good. There may not be much in it, but its good to hear from those who've used them etc.

Gardiners list a 'Coil Memory Rating' not a kink rating ;) . I have the green PU hose on 2 of my poles and the yellow reinforced on one other. I can't directly compare as the yellow is on a clx8 so not much length on it. I will say that no matter what I have tried (Hot water through hose then cold while stretched out) it still loves to coil in a certain way. The yellow doesn't coil in any particular way, it just goes where you put it. As for durability I have no idea.
There is quite a difference in weight though!! Green PU is 34grams per meter and yellow is 55gms per meter! So for longer poles this might not help!

Gardiners list a 'Coil Memory Rating' not a kink rating ;) . I have the green PU hose on 2 of my poles and the yellow reinforced on one other. I can't directly compare as the yellow is on a clx8 so not much length on it. I will say that no matter what I have tried (Hot water through hose then cold while stretched out) it still loves to coil in a certain way. The yellow doesn't coil in any particular way, it just goes where you put it. As for durability I have no idea.
There is quite a difference in weight though!! Green PU is 34grams per meter and yellow is 55gms per meter! So for longer poles this might not help!
Ah I see, Just find it a pain keep untangling the all season stuff the pole came with. Sometimes I just cant make out how, as if it did it on purpose when I wasnt looking o_O. Yep so I guess the green worth a try. Cannot be any worse.

Ah I see, Just find it a pain keep untangling the all season stuff the pole came with. Sometimes I just cant make out how, as if it did it on purpose when I wasnt looking o_O. Yep so I guess the green worth a try. Cannot be any worse.
The green does coil it's self quite a bit, the yellow is better but heavier. let us know how you get on.

I have the light green one and it took a long time to tame it. I still get occasional loops even though it isn't twisted.
I also have a new skx with the newest all season pole hose, which is fantastic stuff, even better than it used to be. Haven't tried the reinforced one though.

Latest Posts

Back