Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners New Product

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So you will contaminate the glass after rinsing by putting the brush on it again to turn the water off, seems like it will be more hasse than its worth.

i agree to a point,but then i think about peter fogwill who thought about the concept,probably had sleepless nights over how matters could be overcome,put a great deal of his own money into the idea(maybe had to apply to the bank for a loan for the injection moulds) and on a small scale tried to sell the aquatap-now i guess having not a great deal of funds the tap wasn't fully copywrited-hence i won't be buying one of these just out of principle,like me or not i will when i can use small independant suppliers as they are our future

nothing new there then,an adaption of someone elses idea
Its a joint venture between Gardiners and Peter Fogwill, the designer of the Aquatap.

They have also got Patents and Protection of the design.

-

What about the flock brushes where you don't rinse on and have to rinse off, suppose can turn flow of on plastic sills what about brick or concrete sills just a observation.

So you will contaminate the glass after rinsing by putting the brush on it again to turn the water off, seems like it will be more hasse than its worth.
Start it on the glass and switch it off on the sill.

-

Start it on the glass and switch it off on the sill.
-
Ok for most, so what would you do on thin frames with no sills or commercial glazing with thin alloy frames, sometimes you wont be able to avoid touching the glass unless you start putting it on a near by wall to turn it off.

I'm not sold on the idea and its never really been a concern for me I just kink the hose as and when I need to stop the flow.

I was wondering if that was the case @spruce as I knew He was making a new one.
Doug from Daqua had lots of good things to say about the new tap as he has seen it. Does this indicate that joint venture has more 'joints'?

-

Ok for most, so what would you do on thin frames with no sills or commercial glazing with thin alloy frames, sometimes you wont be able to avoid touching the glass unless you start putting it on a near by wall to turn it off.
I'm not sold on the idea and its never really been a concern for me I just kink the hose as and when I need to stop the flow.
My post tonight on another forum in response to an Aquatap owner who gave up with his in the end:

I can understand how easy it is to be negative considering your previous experience with a similar concept.

I didn't buy an Aquatap because I perceived there would be issues in my application, but it was all based on theory. IMO some purchasers were fobbed of with unacceptable fixes, ie open it up and remove an O ring, open it up and remove grease, open it up and add grease, etc; depending on the nature of the complaint.

The same Mr Peter Fogwill also was the first to market a flow controller mounted on his brush. The concept was modified by Steve and the Aquadapter was the result - probably the best accessory invention ever for window cleaners at the time. I still believe it is far superior to the Uni-valve in so many ways. Its only downfall is it's weight.

Peter will still argue that his Aquatap is superior the Gardiners on/off rotary switch as his design allows for a reduced water flow. Gardiner's unit appears to be either on or off.

Mark Munro has had the 'tap' on test for around 9 months. He commented once that its concept was brilliant. I have to believe that this is a tried and tested accessory and on the basis of that I would order one and try it.

I like the idea of being able to adjust the tension, although I would always be looking for my allen key. I'm still not convinced that the rotary action is a good idea for me.

Alex did tell me once that it may not be to everyone's taste, but I guess that's the 'nature of the beast'. You can't please everyone all of the time, especially window cleaners.
******************************/Smileys/classic/grin.gif (I guess Alex is no stranger to this as he supplies brushes.)

It has taken Alex a long time to give the go ahead for tool making and production so I would expect the financial commitment is huge. If he wasn't 100% happy, I doubt he would make a commitment like this.

What we also don't see is the much bigger picture. Steve Jones says he has patented the pull on/off hose concept. I doubt Peter Fogwill will have patented a rotary on/off tap concept so this leaves a void to be filled now which can be improved in the future as did the Aquadaptor to Uni-Valve.

Alex quickly responded;

I just wanted to mention that this product has been designed, developed and manufactured with Peter Fogwill from the beginning. You could say that this is a Gardiner Gooseneck Valve with 'Aquatap Technology' inside.

It has taken a long time to get the product to this stage along with the various Patents and Protection needed for them. Neither of us has been in a hurry - we would rather get it right the first time with this product.

It is a very integrated design to reduce the niggles usually associated with after-market products.

It will not suit everyone in their preferences, but does give a different option for those that like this type of simple twist action. For some the action of the Aquadapter or the new Uni-Valve will be preferable, but it does at least give users more options. For those that like a single button option the new WFP link will be a very good contender due to its high technology approach.

As development has progressed it has surprised me how much I like it - it does become second nature to use and I will be fitting them to my poles for standard use. For some jobs I will still, no doubt, prefer my trusty hand valve.

Another observation, Noticed the video was using a sill brush what about everyday use, very interested in this product so not a negative post.

Den.

its defenetly worth a butchers whats the price tag for it
Alex says;

It will be sold initially only as a complete 'all-in-one' angle adapter gooseneck assembly.

This will be available as a stand alone product for the advertised £19.95 or as an option on the poles for the same £9.50 as our other pole flow valve option.

I have used the AquaTap since it was first bought out, and wouldn't be without them on my poles. They have never failed as a Tap and are a brilliant invention. Once I have dropped my pole and snapped one of the outside connectors off (which I have spares).

This new Tap does away with those connectors and is much more streamline, so I will be purchasing when available.

Also, with this type of Tap, you just need enough pole hose to pop out of the end of your pole when collapsed, so no pole hose hanging everywhere when your pole is not in use.

Really think this is being over thought

The univalve work brilliant. Maybe they just got it out before gardiners I remember at the start there was a big rush to gettin out And all this talk about reaching about for a pole hose to pull off

If u hold the pole at the bottom of the section. It is so simple

Guess this is another 20 quid for people to **** away .. New brush heads here and new poles here all adds up

Back