General enquiries

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Slippy1, Feb 22, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Slippy1

Slippy1 Newcomer

hello guys,

Just wondering if anyone could spare some time on answering the questions for me, would be much appreciated.

What do you need to start up in terms of equipment?
    How much will the start up fees be?
    Do you need a Waterfed pole?
    Are there any alternatives to this?
    What method would you recommend using?
    Will it require training?
    If so can you send us any links or instructions?
    How much is the general rate?
    How much is the general rate for a standard 4 bedroom house?
    How long does a standard 4 bedroom house take?
    Best ways to market?
    What local advertisement can you use?
    How do you maintain your clients?
    Do you offer monthly subscriptions?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Welcome to the forum mate. Not trying to be rude but you would be much better off spending a few hours going back through the pages of the forum and learning all this stuff for yourself. Every question you are asking has been asked or explained a thousand times before and a lot of folk past and present have spent a lot of time answering. for everything else, try the search bar, and if that fails because your question is too unique or random, then ask.

3. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Dont start with wfp start the traditional way like me and alot other, the traditional way involves a steipwasher and squeegee and a lot more but is miles cheaper than wfp, look this tread should give good advice Recommended traditional starter kit
    Earning wise what wage would you be happy to earn a hour is what you should settle for, but dont set it unrealistic high and dont go way low.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Sorry to disagree Jacob but this is the age of WFP. Whilst I agree that trad skills are important if anyone starting out has the means then why even consider trying to turn them off WFP from the get go?

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Also welcome Slippy1 where are you located?

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If it is your first venture into window cleaning Green Pro Clean Ltd why not get some ladders and tools for cheap and see how well you do
    No point buying all the gear and not being able to make this business work in your area
    If you do well then get wfp after as you will always need your ladders for access with roofs etc and trad tools for insides and doors with no weather strip to stop the ingress of water etc so it isn't a waste it is tools you require anyway

7. TolishAPurd

It doesnt make sense to me having a van fully kitted out depreciating while you drive around canvassing. Work comes a lot slower in the early days, its the perfect time to learn trad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Posh

Posh Hero

When we say age of wfp I tend to disagree as when I'm out & about I see just as many trad windys as I do wfp.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Jacob

Jacob Guest

If you aint got the squeegee skill you aint gonna last long in this business, also what i.meant was to ger going for a little as pos. Not many can aford the whole from the begining.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. David K

David K Forum Addict

Gotta be able to do both ! As i havent yet so far been able to do insides wfp with Any good results ...:whistle:

Advertisement