Getting carried away on first cleans...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Trev81, May 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Maybe I'm on my own here in my little world of OCD, but thought I'd ask if anybody has a real delight and satisfaction in ensuring every little mark and scuff is buffed off a uPVC frame and the colour if white brought back up to like new when doing a first clean, I find I spend way too long making sure their perfect and if I spot a tiny little mark I have missed I have to do it! Sometimes not at all cost effective to my business but I always think in the long run they will be far easier each time on and also alot of customers are over the moon and find they rec me to everybody they know, so maybe its working out better in WOM business than if I just spent less time ??

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If the price is right I put my OCD head on...

That's another reason why I price a lot more for one-offs/first cleans and generally a higher price for regular cleans than most cleaners around my way.

You can gain loads of customers going overboard on jobs but you need to price accordingly or you will end up out of pocket.

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I could do with you round my house as our windows a mess!

4. Sydney

Sydney Member

A true professional at the top of his game,
    But keep in mind it's a money game

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've just come back from doing a one off clean and the bloke was from Melbourne, but is living here now.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's a funny old world since they invented boats and planes Tuffers as there are probably more aussies living over her now than the british convicts they got rid of over there. :D

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Send em back :rofl:

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do a thorough job on first cleans and ubik or virosol the frames and sills and a quick scrub with old porky usually takes the grey stuff off but i don't go ocd
    If they are stained or tiger striped after i then say to them i have given your frames and sills a good going over also but they won't come up better than that without being restored
    "Thanks..what do you mean restored?"
    Queue the sales pitch and maybe another paying job from them

I tell them when i quote that i always wipe the sill and frames over so that is what they expect so the scrub with chems is going the extra mile as far as they are concerned and they thank me for it even if not 100% good as new

9. TolishAPurd

I used to go OTT on the first clean, and it would take me ages. But now I clean them with the intent of catching anything missed on the 2nd or third clean. I find it much more profitable and efficient then trying to get it all off in a one'er. The custy will still be just as impressed.

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I've not tried ubik or viro on a 1st clean yet, used it so far only on gutter jobs and conservatories I might try them this week as got a few to do, does it rinse fine from the glass in diluted form as not to leave any residue behind? Might do up a spray bottle and spray all over the frames and see how I get on, then would you say spray over the brush to do the upstairs ones? Been using a upvc spray cleaner but using ubik would be much cheaper I guess.

Advertisement