Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Gooseneck Twist Valve

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don't think there can be anything more simpler than a univalve. Now that I can buy replacement parts for a fiver a piece makes it near impossible to beat. That's the way I see it but I could be wrong. Rain all day here so building up my new 18 pole with univalve and hoseless kit and new brush. Going to add my pads to the ends of my brush, so will post a photo later on.

I'd agree, I liked using the Univalve before the twist valve came on the market because of its simplicity. It's also definitely more versatile than the twist valve.

However, like others I didn't find them problem free. Of the three I had before the twist valve came on the market, none were 100% reliable. They would randomly 'misfire', not responding to the pulling action. They would stick both on and off. This improved when using the correct PU hose but didn't go away completely.
Also after several months of use they would start leaking causing me to have a wet leg from water dribbling out of the end of the pole. I did all the maintenance that was recommended but they would always leaking again after a little while.

When Gardiner's first twist valve was released I tried it and found I preferred the twist action right off the bat. However, the first version was very unreliable and resulted in me going back to my Univalves. But it gave me the feel for it. So when the new version was released I had to try it it. It was so much better than the first.

It's not perfect and I would say the Univalve still tops it for versatility. But I just prefer the twist action.

I would also sat that if you use a swivel and have to do a lot of your work with a gooseneck cranked to more than a few degrees then the Univalve is by far the best option, if you want to use a tap/valve of course.

@marko67 got to say today was a bit of a disaster had the valve adjustment set too slight/light kept switching on and off I did mess about with it yesterday after I had set it up ? didn’t have an Allen key to adjust tension on the van.
When I put an order into Gardiner’s next I will order the v2 and revisit this again.

Also I have been using the 35cm extreme sill the last week or so with 2 x fan jets in the outer instead of the 4 x 1.4mm pencils have been liking this set up a lot ?gonna try the 35cm extreme next week with 2x fan jets as I prefer the 35cm or the 35cm sill version.
I always like to do a whole week with a new set to throughly test.

@marko67 got to say today was a bit of a disaster had the valve adjustment set too slight/light kept switching on and off I did mess about with it yesterday after I had set it up ? didn’t have an Allen key to adjust tension on the van.
When I put an order into Gardiner’s next I will order the v2 and revisit this again.

Also I have been using the 35cm extreme sill the last week or so with 2 x fan jets in the outer instead of the 4 x 1.4mm pencils have been liking this set up a lot ?gonna try the 35cm extreme next week with 2x fan jets as I prefer the 35cm or the 35cm sill version.
I would only buy the 35cm Extreme Sill Brush now and I only fit the red 50% fan jets. This seems to be the way I like it and have tried many other jets. Also have the 90 degree elbow fittings on the small clear hose so they don't snag on anything. Until something better comes out, I will be sticking to this method which works for me. I like to have my pure setting to 80 now because its great for rinsing.

@Den with the 35cm Xtreme Sill can I ask if you use the flocked or the medium please? (I assume from your post you use red fan jets on the outer and the blue pencils in the middle??).

I've been thinking of getting a 35cm brush but wondered if it might be a bit wide for normal window cleaning (or maybe a good idea to try).

@Den with the 35cm Xtreme Sill can I ask if you use the flocked or the medium please? (I assume from your post you use red fan jets on the outer and the blue pencils in the middle??).

I've been thinking of getting a 35cm brush but wondered if it might be a bit wide for normal window cleaning (or maybe a good idea to try).
I have used the 35cm medium hybrid extreme for year and the the 35cm DuPont tapertec when Alex discontinued the former still my favourite brush but have alway used 4 x 1.4mm jets.
I have had the 35cm DuPont tapertec extreme sill brush with 4 x 1.4mm since released its a nice brush but I preferred the non sill version this is the brush I have used last week and this year but with the 2 x 100 degree fans on the outer holes.
The fan jets seems more powerful than on a 26cm brush as the spray are not over lapping on the 35cm compared to the 26cm brushes.
I have just pencil and fan jets for years often swapping for weeks on end between both but this is the first time using only two jets on the 35cm brushes and I’m liking it a lot @Marko067 mentioned and the fan jets on the out holes quite sometime ago but only tried it out recently in this game you have to experiment to get the individual ideal user experience.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 13
I spent an hour getting that pole hose on the bottom of the stock. Must have boiled a litre of water heating them up. It means I can always rum with an 18' Extreme pole and service the univalve in the other one. Going to get my scouring pads tomorrow so will post a photo when I add them to the ends of my brush.

This is the one I have been using the last couple of weeks above and below is my preferred brush for maintenance cleans.
@Den that's brilliant. Thank you. I like the Xtreme Sill brushes but I haven't used the normal version before. Makes perfect sense what you say about the 2 X 100 degree fans not overlapping . I'll have a look at the brushes you have mentioned ?

I set the tension on the swivel just tight enough to stop the brush from flopping from side to side and the tension on the twist valve just tight enough to make it easy to operate without it sticking. It takes a little practice to find the sweet spot but once you've figured it out it becomes second nature.

I set the tension on the swivel just tight enough to stop the brush from flopping from side to side and the tension on the twist valve just tight enough to make it easy to operate without it sticking. It takes a little practice to find the sweet spot but once you've figured it out it becomes second nature.
Cheers...thanks for the reply.... that makes sense, nice to know that the Angled Swivel can work with the Twist Valve (y).

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back