Getting ready for the winter

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by WinWiz, Dec 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WinWiz

WinWiz Member

I need to buy some neoprene gloves and a long traditional window cleaning pole. I have a pole at the moment that is two parts. But I need a 3 part one because mine isn't long enough. Where have you found to be the cheapest place to buy supplies like this online?

Here are the places I already look at:
    Cleaning Spot
    Soap National
    Window Cleaning Stuff

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I bought my unger pole from the windowcleaning centre. I use latex gloves , there are cheap and disposal , if it's really cold I double them up ... I get them from the local chemist , boxes of 100

4. norm

norm Grand Master

window cleaning warehouse sell unger and ettore trad poles

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

3part harris pole from BnQ is a winner for trad . cheap too,15 quid or so

6. seye

seye Forum Addict

or screw fix for definite because some b&q stores don't seem to stock them anymore, funny though as they are owned by the same company I think.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    i will have to hurry on down to my Bnq and buy a stash if they are goin to stop stockin the hallowed harris. i always carry 2 in my van , get about 6 months of daily batterin use out of a harris before the tubes bend and start jammin .
    i do a few simple mods when i first buy a harris that extends their life quite a bit

i also carry 2 of the big "beast" unger teleplus poles , these are hated by all . for good reason -those awful clamps, they must have been designed by one of hitlers henchmen ,as an instrument of torture .

iv just worn one out after 6 yrs , well i thought it was beaten ,but its not going down without a fight oh no ,but youre a real ugly pole arent you, so what if i am , replacement parts have been ordered for it online from Soap national

8. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Screwfix are only showing the 3m poles on their website, not the 5m ones.

Lewi, Pulex and Moreman all do long extension poles (5 - 8m). Cheaper than other WC companies, though not as cheap as the Harris pole.

I haven't tried any of these poles yet myself. Though I probably will get 1 or 2 in the new year.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

thats intresting to hear, that Lewi [ who sings about lewi,nobody,why? no reason i spose ] and moerman both now doing long poles ,

if they make a decent clamp they will stall Ungers sales for sure.

Post up images of these new boys , if you buy them WWC

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#10 boarcity, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    anzafinish.jpg.jpg The subject of trad poles rarely crops up-why- cos nobody likes using em! but plenty do use them

2 of my workers do downstairs work only, the glory boys[and girls] , they use short tele poles rather than a pointer ladder. im forever buying these short poles [in BnQ ] cos they get left behind folk houses [often retreived a month later ,full of rainwater ,which can be squirted out at the worker like a bicycle pump!]

they are sold next to the harris poles on the rack , are called Anza poles . i cant speak highly enough of the anza pole, long lasting , and i also graft the Anza tip onto the harris pole cos the original harris tip is no good . this Anza tip is unbreakable, a perfect design in action, the designer at Anza needs giving a medal ,he/she is a God/godess
    and its a perfect snug fit for Wagtail squeegees

Advertisement