Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A few of my Customers are starting to p##s me off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

if I turn up to a 4 weekly clean to be told not this time leave it till next time I just smile and say no problem BUT I wont call back in 4 weeks but here is my business card just phone me when you want windows cleaned and I will fit you in no problem (maybe a little lie here) . thing is its the customers choice to use your services or not so why get upset,the balls now in their court to phone and your not calling again in 4 weeks to maybe told not this time again and getting yourself p******ff again.Also gives you time to get rid if you want and replace.This jobs about chilling and enjoying my work and not worrying about Muppet customers.

Its a bit ironic that the more customers u get the less bothered u become when one doesnt want it doing

got a lovely job for da smurf..

nice gutter clear out....right up your street..well not really..

got a text do you clear gutters out..

yes....

you did our windows once I know you dont work at the weekend...when can you come?

er me ...on holiday with pint in hand thinking feck off and leave me alone...

er.. monday 10.30...

okay ta...my address is...

yep...its our friend from middlewich with his mansion...and his lamborghini and his merc runabout...

funny enough...I mentioned recently about a gardening job and he too said you cleaned my windows once about a year ago...

I just put the phone number on spam and ignored as thats for messers...

so thats what messers do ...sit around all day trying to get some mug to do their jobs....once is enough ta....

and besides if I cleared his gutters....I know he would try and get me to do his windows next...

once bitten cheapie not falling for that again../emoticons/biggrin.png

sooner or later they will run out of trades people to pee off..

I had a phone call today, with held number. Oh hello is that ***** your wife gave me your number. 'We have just had some building work done and I want my windows cleaned today.' Err, I'm busy with what I've already booked in, is it a builders clean you want? 'How much will it cost?' Well depends on how many windows, type of window etc. 'It's quite a big house, can you give me a ball park figure?' How many bedrooms, 6 5 4? 'Can't you just give me a price?' Oh just **** off I'm thinking. 'Ok, I'll ring round and might get back in touch.' Good luck getting them done today and if you do then they won't be very busy will they!

Ive had a few like that ...I think they expect were all hovering by the phone awaiting their call..

Im booked up for two weeks and that doesnt include an awful lot of work on my own house ...I mean it would be great to clean my own windows...in and out....and then I can truly truly test the liquidator..../emoticons/biggrin.png

oh isnt it great as a windie to sit in your chair and notice a bit you missed...:eek::eek::eek:

Ive had a few like that ...I think they expect were all hovering by the phone awaiting their call..
Im booked up for two weeks and that doesnt include an awful lot of work on my own house ...I mean it would be great to clean my own windows...in and out....and then I can truly truly test the liquidator..../emoticons/biggrin.png

oh isnt it great as a windie to sit in your chair and notice a bit you missed...:eek::eek::eek:
Exactly. Why ring my land line at 11am on a Monday morning? Ooh I'm just sat here waiting for someone needing a window cleaner. Ooh I'll pop round in 10 minutes :rofl:

I have found the older age group of clients will actually phone me If I am late to clean their windows. If they want them cleaned every four weeks, they want them cleaned.

Younger clients, if I am lucky every eight weeks, most of them thought will say, i will phone you when I need you. I think its an economic thing, I think the older clients have the few bob, mortgage paid, kids reared ect.

But they are clients, if I have cleaned their windows, I have a name and phone number. I will text them about four months later to see if their ok, normally they say, "oh I was about to ring you" ya right, and I get their business.

With new clients if they say come back in four weeks. I always put a question mark beside their appointment in the diary. Reason being they normally say not this time. If they get them done four weeks later,(that would now be eight weeks, since i cleaned) I suggest every two months to them, normally this works. You find clients will find the level where they are happy for you to call.

I think if you are to pushy with clients on appointments, you will lose them.

Back