Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

im not sure if this is the right place for this question but as its wfp window cleaning i guessed its this. basically im selling my car and upgrading soon but what van should i get??? nothing to big like tranny or sprinter. im interested in small vans like the vito, expert with a side door aswell. just want to get a good van that isnt going to have problems down the line. i read the vito has problems with rust another site i saw they said the fiat scudo ( same as expert i think ) has wiring problems being a fiat. what vans do you lot have and what would be ideal for carrying just a 600L tank and a few poles etc. /emoticons/wink.png

Im looking into a lwb vivaro / primastar crew cab .

Good quality vans and chain driven so no nasty cam belts to break .

What you got to think of is the weight you are carrying , with a 600 litre tank that alone equates to 600kg

So you will need at least a 2.5 ltr diesel engine to get some poke behind ya unless you dont mind toodling along .

people always say doing well i see lol ummm noooo it cost me 400 quid a yr ago. i might get a berlingo again and just put a 200L tank in, its plenty for me each day, i can transfer from the tank in my shed to the van

vw caddy? or transporter smw (dont think thats much bigger than the vito?)

my brother says his pug bippa is it? is a good van? apparently the tranny connect is slow though

I have a lwb Primastar at the mo, if i were you id get a Citroen Dispatch, 2 side doors , more room than the berlingo and same running gear

thats the expert and the scudo aint it lol they all use same van but diff names and the insurance is cheaper on the scudo by 140 quid than the expert lol. ITS MAD!

im on a budget at the min, i got a problem aswell. i dont wanna have to renue my car insurance on the 26th of jan so i need to get a van before then. thing is i have a few busy weeks so cant do without the car but i need to sell the car to fund the van lol only funds i have is 700 quid else.

what about a trailor? i use my focus 2.0 tdci and wfp in a maypole trailor with a 35o litre tank, works pretty good

what about a trailor? i use my focus 2.0 tdci and wfp in a maypole trailor with a 35o litre tank, works pretty good
How do you go on with the parking with the trailer on would be better on insurance to have car than van due to motorbike points

im running a dispatch with 400L tank it seems to last me all day ive a hot water boiler

drives like a tank but great working van ,tw0 side doors :)

How do you go on with the parking with the trailer on would be better on insurance to have car than van due to motorbike points
what do ya mean? just general manouvering it about or space? or at home? if its just reversing and stuff then its pretty easy especially after a day or 2. and space-wise again its spot on cause it fits nicely inbetween driveways and for terrace work it can be a little more difficult cause of the spacing of parked cars but 100m of reel gets round that. at home the trailor lives in the garage. if you want i can take some photos and post em

what do ya mean? just general manouvering it about or space? or at home? if its just reversing and stuff then its pretty easy especially after a day or 2. and space-wise again its spot on cause it fits nicely inbetween driveways and for terrace work it can be a little more difficult cause of the spacing of parked cars but 100m of reel gets round that. at home the trailor lives in the garage. if you want i can take some photos and post em
I'd like to see it lol

Answered my dippy question terraced work is what I was thinking like the trailer idea as the van takes up a lot of room in the garage

Latest Posts

Back