Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stubborn Stain on New Patio

WCF

Help Support WCF:

derekcampbell

Hi folks, I'm looking for a bit of advice from those in the know. The images attached are of some staining I have on my garden patio, which was only laid a year ago. The stains aren't rust, despite looking like that, as nothing metal has ever covered the area.

I have a Karcher K2 basic pressure washer which is fine for removing dirt as a pressure washer would normally do, however these stains aren't budging. I've tried a couple of things:

- upgrading the pressure washer - figured the higher pressure of the Karcher K4 would help, however it didn't help and was duly returned.
- tried the usual methods, including scrubber, wire handbrush, soap and water etc.

Nothing seems to be doing the trick however. I imagine there's some sort of solution out there that is the answer, but my lack of knowledge around the subject has brought me here for some advice. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• DE.jpg
    DE.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 18
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 18
Seen it so many times and the fact that it radiates out from a tiny darker speck in the centre makes me more certain. You can try Oxalic acid. Worst case it looks to be mostly that one slab so not the end of the world to replace

Hi again folks, tried the Oxalic acid with mixed results. Tried it initially with x6-8 part water, as a few places online suggested this, however didn’t shift it. Tried straight solution from the container, which seemed to lessen the test spot below by around 30%, but still a way off getting rid after multiple go’s. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• 90A3BFB8-C008-48D2-B16E-A9711F1997EE.jpeg
    90A3BFB8-C008-48D2-B16E-A9711F1997EE.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 5

Latest Posts

Back