Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory roof method & equipment check list

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You forgot the most important thing, a single tower scaffold to stand on. This means you are above the roof looking down on it and can see everything and makes the job many times easier. That's what i have found out.
Don’t know anyone who uses a scaffold tower to clean a conny roof. Totally unnecessary faffing about assembling that.

Done hundreds through out my career with a ladder with zero issues 

You are there to clean the roof to the highest standard in the shortest time for maximum profit in your pocket ,not to start a foam party ??? and look good in front of the customer , Virosol, wfp and garden hose are all that’s needed to accomplish this . 
Haha so true right.

I still want to buy something what do you spray the solution with all over the roof

There must be a better pole as well and brush.

You forgot the most important thing, a single tower scaffold to stand on. This means you are above the roof looking down on it and can see everything and makes the job many times easier. That's what i have found out.
Are you serious how much does it cost I'm sure it's too expensive ? Have you actually ordered one of these

Today was off a ladder two people required because climbing at height near gutter line.

Haha so true right.

I still want to buy something what do you spray the solution with all over the roof

There must be a better pole as well and brush.

Are you serious how much does it cost I'm sure it's too expensive ? Have you actually ordered one of these

Today was off a ladder two people required because climbing at height near gutter line.
Aye they are expensive but when you need a scaffold then you add a ton to the price. Much more professional and easier to clean from scaffold. As time goes on you just add to your scaffold because its a good earner. My days of white knuckle rides on a stepladder are well and truly over. 

Aye they are expensive but when you need a scaffold then you add a ton to the price. Much more professional and easier to clean from scaffold. As time goes on you just add to your scaffold because its a good earner. My days of white knuckle rides on a stepladder are well and truly over. 
 what sort of money do you pay for one of these to be assembled?

Don’t know anyone who uses a scaffold tower to clean a conny roof. Totally unnecessary faffing about assembling that.

Done hundreds through out my career with a ladder with zero issues 
I completely agree! Scaffold tower is way too overkill... Funnily enough though the only times i've come off a ladder (twice!) were doing conservatory cleans ?

After watching the first 5 muinits of the video I was bored to tears so didn’t watch the  rest , but I wouldn’t want to use a pressure washer on a conservatory roof if that’s what he does as there is a high risk of blasting water through seals and causing a leak , a simple but proven way to do the job is spray with a Virosol mix , good scrub with wfp then good rinse with garden hose finish off with pure job done easy peasy . 
When you say good scrub with wfp, is that with water going through the hose, or do you mean a dry scrub, just using the brush to work in the Virosol mix?

When you say good scrub with wfp, is that with water going through the hose, or do you mean a dry scrub, just using the brush to work in the Virosol mix?
We do it with water going through the brush as this gets everything moving but you could di it with a dry brush of you have plenty of mix on the roof , but using wfp with water coming out of it I personally feel gives less chance of any scratches being caused with any debris on the roof . 

We do it with short blasts to moisten it well. Then lather it in and let it dwell while we switch to customer's tap water. We'd also be worried that doing it dry might scratch.

Latest Posts

Back