Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advertising New Business Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My PW work picked up early this year when we had some sunny weather but it seemed to have dried up. I just think it correlates with the weather, hot and sunny and I get a many calls each week, I only have one to do this week. Its a nice earner when you know that a few litres of fuel will see the job out.
Hey Scottish Cleaning Service,

I am watching four pressure washing YouTube creators that are putting out one to two videos a week, though these people have been in business for several years. I would like to offer more services as I grow like, gutter and roof cleaning.

I am watching four pressure washing YouTube creators that are putting out one to two videos a week, though these people have been in business for several years. I would like to offer more services as I grow like, gutter and roof cleaning.
Just a silly thought but you have a van and a tank so have you thought about window cleaning? Basically you need a pole, a pump and controller, a hose reel and a way of buying or making pure water? That way you can build a regular window cleaning round and be able to offer PW to those custys. Unfortunately it would mean more money to shell out but might be more reliable income long term?

Have a look at Bournemouth Jet Washing, Partridge exterior cleaning, and Flawless cleaning on youtube. Plus Squeeky Clean Dave (again youtube) has just started a new series on him starting a new business cleaning roofs - he is a windy. Ok so maybe a bit early for you (roof cleaning wise) but the next video is about marketing so could be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey laddergarder,

I have just won my first job this month for a driveway with lots of weeds, with that money I will invest in van vinyl. 
Go with flyers first before van vinyl. It does set a good impression  but honestly leave that till next year when cash isn't so tight.

Get a decent flyer drawn up, and order a few hundred pounds worth, and get posting every week day 9 - 5.

Once you have there details, they're your customer, so contact them.

Ask them if they were happy.

Do they want booked in next year

Chase them for a booking next year if they don't book right away.

Remind them your coming a few weeks ahead of schedule

Use referal marketing

I could have a million pound private plane, but if I don't have any customers to fly around, it may as well be a paper plane. Your business value is in that customer list, focus on getting those leads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep watching the videos and slowly build up your equipment and advertising is good if you can afford it. I have spent 2 grand on Checkatrade this year and its been paying off.

Back