Greasing my pole

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Nov 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

So I learned the hard way that metal gutter poles and water with sand in are not a good combination.... grrrr several of My poles where welded together on Friday from wet grit. I had to drive to the next clean with poles sticking in the windscreen. A half a hour job also turned into a hour so that pissed me off even more...
    When I had finished I sat down and thought about it and pulled out the tub of greese and greesed the connection ends. So much better now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Welcome to the world of guttervac clearing...:D
    They start to get bloody heavy too when the shite starts sticking and building up on the inside of the poles too. I find it helps if you’re on a job that has an outside tap to flush everything through when required and afterwards so is ready for the next job. That’s after you have emptied the **** out of the drum first.

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I don't do it every clean, but I take a bucket with me and run suck up some water with the end, cleans the insides of the poles nicely.

Advertisement