Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self-cleaning tinted glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You never mentioned that though did you?I thought you were just a cleaner!?
That’s how I’ve slipped into cleaning, bit of my work is repairing windows for a big management co, I must have become their go to for windows as thats all they throw at me & looking at the state of some of the places that already have a windy I reckon I could do a lot better than the splash n dash fellas ?

I cracked a pane with my hot water today(double glazed modern UPVC window)it's a side opener so only fairly small.i was thinking £80-£120 for a replacement?no idea as I never had to pay for the last pane I cracked....
That’s how I’ve slipped into cleaning, bit of my work is repairing windows for a big management co, I must have become their go to for windows as thats all they throw at me & looking at the state of some of the places that already have a windy I reckon I could do a lot better than the splash n dash fellas ?

I cracked a pane with my hot water today(double glazed modern UPVC window)it's a side opener so only fairly small.i was thinking £80-£120 for a replacement?no idea as I never had to pay for the last pane I cracked....
If it’s a small one doubt it will be more than £40, that’s what the last one cost me

I use this firm

But for sensible money I have to wait maybe a week or 2 until they have a van doing drops down my way, for me it’s not an issue as i don’t rush jobs in with that firm
You gotta know the spacer size in between the glass as they go from 6-24mm then add 8mm for the 2 panes but measuring the unit by the where the beads meet the casement then knock off 10mm height & width will fit perfect ??

I use this firm

But for sensible money I have to wait maybe a week or 2 until they have a van doing drops down my way, for me it’s not an issue as i don’t rush jobs in with that firm
You gotta know the spacer size in between the glass as they go from 6-24mm then add 8mm for the 2 panes but measuring the unit by the where the beads meet the casement then knock off 10mm height & width will fit perfect ??
It’s easier to get a glazing company in ti do it

Latest Posts

Back