Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guest posting and backlinks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dale Harries

Hello everyone,

Im run a gutter cleaning business with a decent website/blog and was wondering if anyone would consider me writing blog posts for them. I’m basically looking for backlinks as I’m 5th in my city on Google - ideally I want to be 1st.

I‘d also be very happy to add posts to my website with a link back to your businesses too. Perhaps if enough of us all clubbed together we might be able to do each other a solid and help us all get ranked on the Google better.

I do come from an IT/Marketing background so wouldn’t mind at all helping to co-ordinate things so we all benefit! Quite happy to write good posts too if your English isn’t quite up to the task.

If you‘re up for it leave a comment and hopefully we’ll get something good going.

Hello everyone,

Im run a gutter cleaning business with a decent website/blog and was wondering if anyone would consider me writing blog posts for them. I’m basically looking for backlinks as I’m 5th in my city on Google - ideally I want to be 1st.

I‘d also be very happy to add posts to my website with a link back to your businesses too. Perhaps if enough of us all clubbed together we might be able to do each other a solid and help us all get ranked on the Google better.

I do come from an IT/Marketing background so wouldn’t mind at all helping to co-ordinate things so we all benefit! Quite happy to write good posts too if your English isn’t quite up to the task.

If you‘re up for it leave a comment and hopefully we’ll get something good going.
I was just reading this looks like some major changes coming Google takes aim at subpar content | LinkedIn

I think that's a great idea. It will be definitely helpful for both of you, if their sites will help to promote you too.

I applaud the idea which is good in principle but personally I'd have some concerns, e.g. the main reason for having a blog if you're a services based business is to provide users with useful information and in doing so demonstrate your own credibility and expertise within your niche (and in doing so show your authority and gain a SEO / ranking boost from Google).
Therefore posts need to contain relevant, unique content and if they meet that criteria put them on your own blog, not someone else's. A post that is just a re-hash of something you've posted elsewhere it's not really adding any value to a site cos it's just duplicate content.
It's not all about backlinks. It's about adding value and setting your website apart from competitors.

Before having people guest posting on your site, what proven experience, knowledge and expertise have they got on the subject? What do they bring to the table? Why should anyone listen to their opinions? Have you, and them, got a proper traceable Bio set-up? (and understand why it matters?)

Reciprocal link schemes are explicitly warned against by Google. I realise that's not quite what is being proposed but is verging on it.

Also, what value are you going to get from multiple low authority backlinks and exactly how relevant are they specifically to you? i.e. the relevance of a link from a window cleaner 100 miles away in a different part of the country with a Domain Authority that I would bet is in single figures.

Google could quite possibly view the whole thing as being rather spammy. In other words done as an attempt to manipulate rankings - which is exactly what it is.
It probably won't pick up on it but it might....and then you're knackered.

I'm very sorry if this all comes across as if I'm having a go at you. I can assure you I'm not at all. But there are risks and for all the above reasons I would personally concentrate on the content/quality of my own site and not include 3rd parties.....and fwiw I've written content anf created blogs and optimised multiple websites, and routinely achieved page 1 (including top 3) and I've seen what works. Improving content is the way forward and is something you have direct control over.

AI won't have the precise, technical detail of a genuine expert that is only gained from experience. Nor can it optimise it exactly the way you might want and incorporate a variety of secondary keywords you want to target and use as anchor text.
And what about images? Can it recognise them and add them to content.
AI is fine for mass produced generic pages or automation, but not for a local service provider.
And probably in time Google will develop a way of identifying AI produced content and devaluing it.

K In Kent is correct, stay away from Reciprocal link schemes. They used to work about 20 years ago but not now. I do actually own a gutter cleaning type of directory where you can add your business for free and also post blog posts for free. This might give you the push you need as this is a nice relevant link to have. Not sure if i can post the link here so if you are interested please send me a pm and i will share the site with you. Its free so wont cost you anything...

You might just need to adjust your on page SEO to get higher up.

K In Kent is correct, stay away from Reciprocal link schemes. They used to work about 20 years ago but not now. I do actually own a gutter cleaning type of directory where you can add your business for free and also post blog posts for free. This might give you the push you need as this is a nice relevant link to have. Not sure if i can post the link here so if you are interested please send me a pm and i will share the site with you. Its free so wont cost you anything...

You might just need to adjust your on page SEO to get higher up.
Is that a free listing that includes a backlink or does that require a 'premium' type paid for listing?

Latest Posts

Back