Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Vacuums

WCF

Help Support WCF:

9cbea35b557d524950e436121bf4db43.png
422c5102fdc45e21ba71cabd34b944d2.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've got a gutter cleaning systems vac from the chaps in Norwich. After three jobs its obvious my filter is not getting cleaned by just hosing it off and drying. It didn't come with any info on cleaning the filter.

Any one know what is recommended cleaning for gutter vac filters?

I intend putting it through the washing machine unless I hear otherwise.

I've got a gutter cleaning systems vac from the chaps in Norwich. After three jobs its obvious my filter is not getting cleaned by just hosing it off and drying. It didn't come with any info on cleaning the filter.

Any one know what is recommended cleaning for gutter vac filters?
I intend putting it through the washing machine unless I hear otherwise.

Dont put it through the washing machine dude! They can be a nightmare to re-fit. Every now and again it serves well to soak it in hot soapy water, rather than hosing it with cold. add a bit of de-greaser if you must. The key is letting the filter dry iut though. A clean dry filter gives much better suction than a clean wet one. If you’ve still got an airing cupboard, thats your ticket. In summer hang over a fence post in the sun

Dont put it through the washing machine dude! They can be a nightmare to re-fit. Every now and again it serves well to soak it in hot soapy water, rather than hosing it with cold. add a bit of de-greaser if you must. The key is letting the filter dry iut though. A clean dry filter gives much better suction than a clean wet one. If you’ve still got an airing cupboard, thats your ticket. In summer hang over a fence post in the sun

Thanks for that very timely reply Incheck.....I was just heading towards the washing machine with a dirty filter and a purposeful look in my eye!

Thanks for that very timely reply Incheck.....I was just heading towards the washing machine with a dirty filter and a purposeful look in my eye!
Lol they’re a mare mate especially on warm wet days where you dont want to have the heating on but dont want it rained on either. If you can, try not to book gutter jobs on back to back days (unless you have a spare filter) sometimes a good day or two to dry out is the way [emoji106]

I’m pretty sure people do, never liked the sound of it personally for the same concern

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Watching the video I'm not sure it would be up to clearing heavy dirt/moss. 

I am tempted to buy an extension pole though and blast it out with pressure washer...

Would be interested to hear from anyone that does this

Back