Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Has anyone had this injury?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I never had surgery. I managed to fix it with extremely careful and increased movement stretches and less gentle massaging to break down and soften the scar tissue. I'm not recommending it. Hurt terribly and was probably quite risky.
My tendon was detached, I had a screw inserted into my shoulder and attached to that. Surgeon said it would be 3 months before I would be able to lift a kettle up. 3 months after I was virtually back to full movement, he couldn't believe it.

I have also ruptured both Achilles tendons, 1st one playing rugby, 33 years ago, which was stitched back together. The other one playing football, leg in a plaster cast for 3 months, 5 years after.

When I first started getting busy and doing a lot of fsg and conservatory cleans I suspect I hurt/pulled a chest muscle, went to the hospital (as directed by the doctor) due to sore chest but also intermittent breathlessness, they found nothing wrong after two visits as it took around 16 weeks to finally go.. Been 6 months and I did some really heavy lifting last week and it's come back, been to A&E (again as our doctors won't open) and again they found virtually nothing wrong. 

A doctor told me that muscle strains or tears usually take 10 weeks or so to heal but seeing as I'd carried on working through it, it was possible that it could have taken 14 to 16 weeks to initially heal enough. 

Is this a common ailment with wfp work? Thanks
I avoid the doctors like the plague some are next to useless, fair play for him willing to send you to hospital for further investigation, I had to kick off with mine when I was having flooring spasms in my back, 

Basically you will have pulled the meat between your ribs which will cause the breathlessness I had it in the past I struggled to breathe and talk, my private physio sorted me out in one session.

Sounds like as some said, muscles between ribs have torn.

I was a sports therapist n used to treat a customer that suffered from breathlessness he had a right knot of scar tissue in his back, that affected his chest. Good thorough massage kept him going for a while, but would come in regularly to stay on top of it.

I've had a hip muscular problem since about 10years old.  The treatment that has seemed to work for me now is The Bowen technique, really quite a weird treatment, lay on the couch, the therapist does a few movements, then leaves the room for 2 mins then comes back in and again a few movements etc.  wait 3 days to see if it has done something. Seems to reset my pain, can't believe it works, not mumbo jumbo either, as not into that at all. Your brain n muscles are basically an electrical system, so think it just presses the reset button.

Back