Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

connecting transfer hose into or onto van tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

at the moment im filling up via hosepipe going into 350 water tank in van via transfer hose from water butt.

getting a 500 litre baffled water tank, whats the best way to transfer pure apart from sticking hose into top of tank via removing lid.

any help or pics will be great help.

thanks.

hozelock fittings or simmilar

image hosting free

I am putting tap water in as opposed to pure. I have drilled a hole in the lid and have attached a hozelock male adapter. (In the picture I used a stripped down female connector then a double male connector as I had the bits lying around) Then the hose just clips on using a female connector and goes to a hose reel. It is fitted like this all the time. I just pull out the hose, connect to a tap and turn on.

The John Guest piping in the picture is an overflow just in case I forget to turn off the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hozelock fitting in my lid just like SPCleaning above. But I am gilling with pure and there is a float valve the other side of the lid, so the water stops when the tank is full.

Look on ebay for:

adjustable mini float valve 3/4

to find the one I use. It allows you to mount the valve vertically and has a 3/4 bsp end which a hozelock male tap fitting screws onto.

Paul

Last edited:
I have a hozelock fitting in my lid just like SPCleaning above. But I am gilling with pure and there is a float valve the other side of the lid, so the water stops when the tank is full.
Look on ebay for:

adjustable mini float valve 3/4

to find the one I use. It allows you to mount the valve vertically and has a 3/4 bsp end which a hozelock male tap fitting screws onto.

Paul
Do you pump the water from your storage tank with a submersibles ranger pump or a diaphragm pump? I only ask because the backpressure would need to turn of the pump and was wondering how you've set it up?

I use DI only, so can purify on the fly when filling my van tank. Therefore, I don't have a storage tank. So, sorry, I can't help you with that. My pressure comes from a water tap.

Iv got a hoselock connection top right hand corner of my tank. I pump from my storage tank using a submersible pump cost £35 on eBay had it a good 2 year now.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use some of this1" Reinforced Hose - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

one of these

1" Polypropylene Transfer Hose Trigger Nozzle - General Accessories - Fittings & Acc's

and one of these

NEW UNIVERSAL DIRTY / CLEAN WATER PUMP SUBMERSIBLE AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC POND PUMPS

It takes less than 5 minutes to fill a 350 litre tank, so not too bad standing there while the Tank fills.
Good info there, I was looking for all that info, as getting tank soon n going to need a pump to transfer pure from a garden water barrel in my shed to tank:thumbsup:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back