Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have you ever had your tools/equipment stolen?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Simply Business

Hi everyone, over the last few years, we've seen an ongoing rise in the number of people having their tools and equipment stolen – often from their vans. Does this ring true for you guys?

We surveyed our customers and the wider trades community to see just how big of an issue it is, and the results were staggering. 1 in 3 have had their tools stolen, and it costs victims over £3000 on average.That's why we've launched a campaign to #StampOutToolTheft 

We're petitioning for tighter regulations in the selling of second hand tools, and stricter fines for those convicted – the ambitious aim is to reach 100k signatures and see the issue debated in parliament, and we're hoping to raise a lot of awareness of the issue in the process.If you – or anyone you know – has been affected, please sign our petition and help to spread the word using the hashtag #StampOutToolTheft.

You can learn more and sign the petition here: simplybusiness.co.uk/stamp-out-tool-theftThanks everyone 
1f642@2x.png

1H7A5962.jpg

1H7A6021.jpg

Transits getting stole every month up here because they have a master key pre 2013. I fitted a couple of ArmaDlocks on side and back door of my van and i use them all the time. Got 10 grand worth of tool insurance which softens the blow.

Done. Had some tos*er try to nick my van a while back ?.
So sorry to hear that! Sounds awful. Thanks for your support ?

Done, a builder mate of mine had his Transit tipper taken from outside of his house a few weeks ago. Never to be seen again
That sounds so bad! It's horrible to think people can do this. Thanks for your support on this! 

Transits getting stole every month up here because they have a master key pre 2013. I fitted a couple of ArmaDlocks on side and back door of my van and i use them all the time. Got 10 grand worth of tool insurance which softens the blow.
Unfortunately thieves are getting more and more conniving and finding ways to break in. Great to hear that you've found a way to stop them ?Thanks for your support ?

Back