Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello from a newbie! Essex!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi.

Thought I'd bring you upto date with where I'm at.

So far I have 20 odd regular monthly window customers,a few one offs,have done a fair few gutter clearing jobs and a few pressure washing jobs.

Steadily making progress with my website,have business cards that I am giving out left right and centre lol.

Got a patio and drive to clean tomorrow.

All in all its looking good,slow but steadily getting more interest, but to be expected,especially during this covid situation!

Luckily I have the equipment to do sign writing and graphics so I'm currently working on the design for my van.

Overall keeping busy and getting name out there.

Hope everyone else is doing good ? 

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the party, advice youll find here is priceless, and the years of experience in theis forum is mind boggling, but if my 17/18months experience can be of any help feel free to ask.

Jon

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the party, advice youll find here is priceless, and the years of experience in theis forum is mind boggling, but if my 17/18months experience can be of any help feel free to ask.

Jon
cheers Jon.any advice is useful!how you finding it after the months you been doing it?

cheers Jon.any advice is useful!how you finding it after the months you been doing it?
Im loving it mate, love the freedom of being my own boss, love the freedom of being able to be at home if needed.

My customers are all amazing.

Have not looked back for 1 minute.

Im loving it mate, love the freedom of being my own boss, love the freedom of being able to be at home if needed.

My customers are all amazing.

Have not looked back for 1 minute.
Good stuff!I love being my own boss hence why I've been self employed over 18 years ha.some drawbacks to it but you have the freedom to be able to be a bit more available if need be for family events etc.

The customers I have at the moment are all great,some are family and friends too which is nice.

Just need to keep building the regular rounds.for the moment happily taking on one offs and add ons around the window cleans.

Getting a few gutter clearing jobs and pressure washing jobs so its all good!

Very easy to profile customers when you're earning a living. In his early days he would've polished their shoes, let alone set boundaries 
I hear you still got your shine box @Part Timer!

But you are not wrong, in my early days as stated in a YT video I was so broke I did not care or have the luxury of 'selective profiling' it was simply a matter of putting food on the table.  It was that straight forward. 

Once you are in a position where the next job is not a matter of do you eat today or don't you (and I do mean that in the literal sense) then you can start forming Company Policies and Profiling etc. 

When there are mouths to feed pride has no place in the equation.  

Back